So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going with a Trappist table beer using WLP530 tomorrow and then my first pumpkin ale based on NB's Smashing Pumpkin recipe; later I'm thinking a Pumpkin Barleywine?

Just stopped by the shop today and picked up the ingredients for a Dunkelweizen (extract with specialty). I have some coca nibs that have been sitting in bourbon for a few weeks that I might toss into the primary or secondary. Chocolate on top of the bananas, and cloves just sounds... :rockin: !

Just bought a couple new (used) carboys today so I can have 3 brews going at the same time. Currently have an Oak Aged Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal Stout (yeah I know, long name lots of ingredients, but its going to be awesome!) that's conditioning, brewing a pumkin ale (PumpKing clone) on Saturday, and next weekend i'll be doing a citrus IPA. Busy brewing for this guy!

Just stopped by the shop today and picked up the ingredients for a Dunkelweizen (extract with specialty). I have some coca nibs that have been sitting in bourbon for a few weeks that I might toss into the primary or secondary. Chocolate on top of the bananas, and cloves just sounds... :rockin: !

That does sound delicious!

Kegged 3 on the fourth, a pilsner, a wheat and a pale ale. Brewed a Saison and an IPA with a buddy this past weekend (10 gallons of each). We also made 10 gallons of non alcoholic carbed lemonade. He has since brewed 10 gallons of stout and 10 of pale ale, both of which he split with me. That guy's frikken' awesome!

Brewing a bass ale clone, and another 10 gallons of oatmeal stout. While probably bottling my porter

Made a partial Cascade pale ale last Thursday, and last night made Irish stout. Last brew of the summer as I head back to work/school on Monday. :( Can't live off love.

Bottling a Valley Homebrew Pale Ale this weekend. 2 week sampling bottle of Brewer's Best Australian IPA in the fridge. Waiting for delivery of AHB's Blue Moon clone to brew early next week.

Chocolate stout with Irish ale yeast, which I'm getting banana esters from in my beers. Might throw in some hazelnut extract at kegging and go for a "monkey tails" sort of thing.

Just doughed in on a chinook pale ale, Widmer Bros Drifter Pale Ale is on deck for tomorrow

Brewin a Midwest homebrew fat tire clone with pecans added at the crack of dawn tommorrow. Supposed to be an overnite low of about 60*. Excellent.

Just made the 30-minute hops addition on a sweet southern English brown. This is the 6th batch on my new 'lectric set-up and I'm really starting to dial in the process. Feels good.

Smells good, too!

7 Minutes into the boil of my Pumpkin Ale. The gargage has that awesome grain/hop smell, while the inside of the house smells like pumpkin pie. Getting me in the mood for some cooler weather.

1st attempt at session saison; here's what I've got so far:

Original Gravity: 1.042 (1.040 1.070 )
Final Gravity: 1.011 (1.008 1.016 )
Color: 4.0 (3.0 - 8.0)
Alcohol: 4% (4% 8%)
Bitterness: 27 (20 40)

Ingredients:
1.0 lb. Vienna Malt (30 min steep @ 150F)
0.4 lb. Flaked Wheat (30 min steep @ 150F)

3.0 lb. Pilsen Light DME (60 min boil)
1.0 lb. Wheat DME (60 min boil)
0.8 oz. Brewers Crystals (60 min boil)
1.0 oz. Willamette Hops (60 min boil)
0.25 oz. Styrian Golding Hops (15 min boil)
0.25 oz. Strisselpalt Hops (15 min boil)
0.75 oz. Styrian Golding Hops (1 min boil)
0.75 oz. Strisselpalt Hops (1 min boil)
1 tablet Whirlfloc (15 min boil)
1 vial White Labs Yeast 566 Saison II

Going to do a NB Dead Ringer this evening, finish just before sunset (8:19 PM) Then spray myself with Off, and sit out and watch the meteor shower with a few cold ones.

I am. Brewed an APA last night, and brewing a new recipe, "maltsickle", tonight. Loading up inventory for hunting season. Ater a long day of flushing pheasants, occupying a tree stand or cutting wood, we stoke up the fire at the hunting lodge, get out the steaks or other sort of meat, and pop caps on good beer. Then stories and Texas hold em start up eventually.

Brewed around 10 gallons of a nice Oktoberfest today. Same recipe as I brewed last year...it turned out to be my favorite Oktoberfest, so no recipe changes.

Saflager W-34/70 makes awesome Oktoberfest, btw (and I don't even normally use dry yeast).

I was hoping my all grain dead ringer kit would be in by today (wishful thinking haha). I'll transfer the pumpkin ale I brewed to secondary next Sunday and that'll free up a fermenter

Just started a 5.5 gal batch of Nelson IPA before work. Will finish it when I get home tonight.

Pitching yeast into a fizzy yellow!! Good time to finish brewing, it is starting to get hot.

Back