banana wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I opened a bottle of my banana wine after 6 months in the bottle.. Poured a small amount in a glass and tasted it... tastes like banana flavored whiskey to me. wife said the exact same thing. recorked it and put it back in the cellar. NOW will that ruin this bottle having been opened?

I think it really depends on how much you took out and how long it was opened. I have had wine go yucky overnight and then had one bottle that was opened and got lost in the back of the fridge for a month and it tasted fine and it was only half full.

Too bad you don't have one of those vacuum caps that you can get for the foodsavor- I lost mine right now(its gotta be here somewhere:confused:) but you put the cap on plug in the hose from the vacuum machine and take the air out and it keep wine going long after it has been opened.

Oh and I too have several wines/mead going that are roughly fruit and honey flavored rocket fuel!:D But I have high hopes that they will mellow out-- if not they will become the star attraction in a sparkling wine/mead spritzer with fresh fruit added.
Just think how yummy your banana wine will be mixed into pina colada mix..:rockin:

I think it really depends on how much you took out and how long it was opened. I have had wine go yucky overnight and then had one bottle that was opened and got lost in the back of the fridge for a month and it tasted fine and it was only half full.

Too bad you don't have one of those vacuum caps that you can get for the foodsavor- I lost mine right now(its gotta be here somewhere:confused:) but you put the cap on plug in the hose from the vacuum machine and take the air out and it keep wine going long after it has been opened.

Oh and I too have several wines/mead going that are roughly fruit and honey flavored rocket fuel!:D But I have high hopes that they will mellow out-- if not they will become the star attraction in a sparkling wine/mead spritzer with fresh fruit added.
Just think how yummy your banana wine will be mixed into pina colada mix..:rockin:
very very small amount. You can barely tell by looking at the volume in the bottle. Opened just a minute or two. I do have one of the vaccum things for storing opened wine.

Pick up a bottle of Table Mtn Wineries anything and drink it first. After you choke down that bottle anything you make will taste like the best wine ever. I know I licked my carpet for 1/2 an hour after 1/2 a glass trying to get the taste out of my mouth. Carpet tasted GREAT!

I'm finding no matter how young or rough, just mix it with some sprite, throw in some ice and make a girlie drink out of it (apologies to any women reading this).

Back