What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One final quality assurance check of Gandhi-bot before I send out a trade that includes it.

20130122_150100.jpg

It's fvcking awesome! It kind of reminds me of a Abrasive, but it's not as intense as Abrasive. Definitely in my top 3. Are you sure you saw it in a store, though? I was under the impression that it was only distributed in Connecticut and Massachusetts.

It's fvcking awesome! It kind of reminds me of a Abrasive, but it's not as intense as Abrasive. Definitely in my top 3. Are you sure you saw it in a store, though? I was under the impression that it was only distributed in Connecticut and Massachusetts.

i never see the bot in stores, only the sea hag and 668. did you get it down by the shore?

mcbaumannerb said:
That stuff is like manna! :mug:

This is a really great stout, the only chocolate oatmeal stout I like better is Wake-n-Bake. Unfortunately for me, Founders isn't available here and Terrapins WNB is seasonal and sold out at my local liquor in 3 hours.

This is a really great stout, the only chocolate oatmeal stout I like better is Wake-n-Bake. Unfortunately for me, Founders isn't available here and Terrapins WNB is seasonal and sold out at my local liquor in 3 hours.

Do you get DuClaw by you (they're out of DC area)? They have a new seasonal that sounds the same as WnB - Sweet Baby Jesus! That is some awesome stuff too. As for me, I'm stoked to finally be bottling my Founder's Breakfast clone this weekend. Only a few more weeks to seeing how close it is. :ban:

mcbaumannerb said:
Do you get DuClaw by you (they're out of DC area)? They have a new seasonal that sounds the same as WnB - Sweet Baby Jesus! That is some awesome stuff too. As for me, I'm stoked to finally be bottling my Founder's Breakfast clone this weekend. Only a few more weeks to seeing how close it is. :ban:

No Duclaw that I have seen in Florida, sweet baby Jesus' description sounds a lot like Terrapins Liquid Bliss side project 18 (I sent one to nuke, looks like he had it this morning). Yet another terribly limited production beer they make, even more so since its a side project that they only make once.

No Duclaw that I have seen in Florida, sweet baby Jesus' description sounds a lot like Terrapins Liquid Bliss side project 18 (I sent one to nuke, looks like he had it this morning). Yet another terribly limited production beer they make, even more so since its a side project that they only make once.

I probably got them mixed up then - SBJ is chocolate/peanut butter porter. It's been tough these past couple of mornings to keep up with nuke's postings since they come so quickly :D

Johnnyhitch1 said:
2 Kegs of stout!? that would last forever in my fridge lol
sound like great recipes though!

Yeah, I brewed both on the same day. But I love stout so I'll have no problem with them lasting too long.

Gunna try my hopped & confused ale after 11 days in the bottles. I know,I know,I preach otherwise a lot. but it's near the end of the month,low on cash,it's colder than a polar bear's backside,& I'm fresh outta beer. Time to see how the NZ hops taste. Aaaannd a lil vodka to warm these old bones a might. Besides needin some rhumatiz medicine...:mug::drunk:

Looking to trade something tasty for some Founders that I can get at any time in my area?

Well,at 11 days this beer has light carbonation that's holdin up well with a veneer head after the main one died down. so far tastes like a smoothed out light lager with lime that's not tart,but not sweet either. NZ hops def rock! When this beer gets 3-4 weeks on it,it'll be a bit clearer & have more carbonation. Otherwise it's shaping up nicely.
And word up fermentnething man. Big fer sher!

View attachment 96213

Cigar City Jai-Alai. Awesome IPA (don't tell SWMBO I'm using her prized margarita glasses, I feel so fancy, pinkies up!)

if you would like to work out a trade for some breakfast stout let me know! Ive always wanted to try the jai-alai. my friend went down and seaid it was amazing. I also can get sixpoint, new england brewing co if you are interested

if you would like to work out a trade for some breakfast stout let me know! Ive always wanted to try the jai-alai. my friend went down and seaid it was amazing. I also can get sixpoint, new england brewing co if you are interested

You really should get your hands on it. I LOVE it. Only had 6 of them that a friend from Florida sent me a year ago. I NEED more.

Like to try that jai lai myself,I love all pale ales! Not available around here. guess my Hopped & Confused ale will have to do...oh darn. It's close to the ale that thinks it's a light lager that I thought up last summer. A few more tweaks & ...

Like to try that jai lai myself,I love all pale ales! Not available around here. guess my Hopped & Confused ale will have to do...oh darn. It's close to the ale that thinks it's a light lager that I thought up last summer. A few more tweaks & ...

Hopped and Confused! I like that. I have a plan for my Dankness IPA, on oak and spices, Oaked and Confused Dankness. I got the Jai from a dude over on BeerForum, their Tocobaga Red too. Cigar City has been high on my wants for awhile. Good beer, the Jai is very balanced, which is a surprise, the nose screams hop bomb.

Hopped and Confused! I like that. I have a plan for my Dankness IPA, on oak and spices, Oaked and Confused Dankness. I got the Jai from a dude over on BeerForum, their Tocobaga Red too. Cigar City has been high on my wants for awhile. Good beer, the Jai is very balanced, which is a surprise, the nose screams hop bomb.

Yea,led zepplin came to mind on this heady one. It needs to be refined more,besides more bottle time. This partial mash stuff is starting to get good to me. so much can be done it's just too cool for school. But that jai lai is one I'd def like to try. Cheer for tyou r bud takin care of you! :tank:
Oaked & confused darkness...I think my son would like the name. He goes by anger red still...gemini's...gotta love'em.

my Falconer's American Lager. hear that? American Lager.

I commend your testicular fortitude posting that in this stout thread. Actually, a nice american lager followed by a stout sounds damn good right now. Guess I will have to settle for iipa followed by a stout as soon as I get home.

Back