Help with dry malt extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitesox088

Reaction score
So, i need help with a question. I bought the mr.beer kit and made beer and worked pretty well. So i wanted to do another batch but instead of the hop malt extract syrup i bought a 1lb bag of dry malt extract. So my question is how much dry malt extract would i use for a 2 gallon batch.

Palmers book says to use 0.80 of the liquid malt extract for dme.

That's the approx conversion rate I've been using with acceptable results.

And, under the heading of full disclosure, I'm a southwest side Cubs fan, so you might wish to take that into consideration

:)

So, i need help with a question. I bought the mr.beer kit and made beer and worked pretty well. So i wanted to do another batch but instead of the hop malt extract syrup i bought a 1lb bag of dry malt extract. So my question is how much dry malt extract would i use for a 2 gallon batch.

Do you have hops? If you had hopped malt extract before, but now have plain dry malt extract, you'll also need some hops.

For a 2 gallon batch of beer, you'd generally need 2-3 pounds of extract, some hops, and some grains (but only a little bit) like crystal malt (for most beers) or some roasted barley( for a stout).

Back