My Year in Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
September 16, 2012 - Waiting on the kids (at a movie), The Cheesecake Factory - Pennant Ale, Brooklyn Brewery

image-348592699.jpg

September 21, 2012 - TGIF Happy Hour with Sales, The Sports Grill - Barrel Aged Whiskey Porter, Brown's Brewing and Dark Saison, Widmer Brothers Brewing

image-1028225973.jpg

image-2488837107.jpg

September 26, 2012 - Celebrating Bob K's 53rd Birthday, The Sports Grill - Toaster Lager, Blue Point and a Genny Grenade Bottle for good measure

image-846086881.jpg

image-1089340059.jpg

Bob K is a great guy - one of my favorite people.

His parents are both in their 90's and still living independently in PA. I told him with those genes, at 53 he is almost due for a mid-life crisis. :mug:

September 29, 2012 - Cousin Paddy turns up at the local, good man (that's his mam's Guinness and Jameson's, neat)- Dirty Blonde, Adirondack Brewing

image-2301343015.jpg

image-1417668127.jpg

October 5, 2012 - Tall Boy & Fall Joy, Hiking in the Adirondacks then a stop off at Duffy's on Lake George - Genny and Bear Naked Ale, Adirondack Brewing

image-67406756.jpg

image-641380239.jpg

Nice pic of the Genesee of course, but those leaves! That had to be one beautiful hike!

Chuginator said:
Nice pic of the Genesee of course, but those leaves! That had to be one beautiful hike!

It was a little foggy at the summit but otherwise a great day to be in the woods. Caught the leafs at just about peak. Fall is my favorite time of year in the adirondacks.

It's a little fuzzy, but I think I can already see young Patrick carrying the ball for Norte Dame. :)

Already 4-0, could be a good year.

opus345 said:
It's a little fuzzy, but I think I can already see young Patrick carrying the ball for Norte Dame. :)

Already 4-0, could be a good year.

Paddy's Da was a pigskin standout in high school, so you may be onto something.

:tank: I'm actually a writing student and haven't really tried writing about beer and brewing yet (beyond a few poems). I really hate the formality of blogs and the fact they often seem more like popularity contests than anything. This format seems so much less pretentious. I'll probably get my first post up tomorrow or the day after (homework today :mad:)
I think I'm gonna expand a bit and also include posts about happenings in my own personal brewing experiences.

:tank: I'm actually a writing student and haven't really tried writing about beer and brewing yet (beyond a few poems). I really hate the formality of blogs and the fact they often seem more like popularity contests than anything. This format seems so much less pretentious. I'll probably get my first post up tomorrow or the day after (homework today :mad:)
I think I'm gonna expand a bit and also include posts about happenings in my own personal brewing experiences.

Sounds great - can't wait to read it.

Best way to become a better writer is to write constantly. Chronicling your brewing is a great place to start.

Good luck and keep with it.

Just wanted to say that I bet it is a chore keeping this thread up to date but I ninja watch it fairly regularly and enjoy it. I am probably not the only one. Keep it up!

P.S. I love the sepia like aging on all your photos.

Donnelly, I have been deployed for about 5 months in a dry country and have been living vicariously through your thread. Thanks so much for chronicling your appreciation for beer throughout the year. Keep it up!

Sounds great - can't wait to read it.

Best way to become a better writer is to write constantly. Chronicling your brewing is a great place to start.

Good luck and keep with it.

Can't find a good enough camera yet, holding out for one before I start (trying to bum friends iphones, but I can't seem to get their picture messages to go to my email)
Also gonna try to get a free membership through the new technical writing section, (broke student) I feel like a recognizable avatar really helps (more personal)

Latest posts

Back