Price of Sierra Nevada?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

604brewer

Reaction score
Was wondering what people are paying for Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the States, with the savings of homebrewing I like to buy the odd six pack here in Canada paying 15 bucks for them.

Where and how much do you pay????????

12 pack bottles or cans for about 13 bucks. It's one of the cheap beers on the rack. 4 bucks per can of the golf course though.

In my small town we are lucky to get crafty brews such as Sierra Nevada, so I have to pay $9.00 per six-pack. If I drive north to Tuscaloosa, I can get a 12 pack for 12 or 13 bucks, which is much nicer. I'll gladly pay either price when I get a hankering for a SNPA.

8.99 for a sixer, 16.99 for a twelve pack in central Florida. Every other month the local grocery store will put the 12 packs on sale for 13.99.

In my small town we are lucky to get crafty brews such as Sierra Nevada, so I have to pay $9.00 per six-pack. If I drive north to Tuscaloosa, I can get a 12 pack for 12 or 13 bucks, which is much nicer. I'll gladly pay either price when I get a hankering for a SNPA.

I feel your pain.
I can't even get it here at all. I have had it brought in to me and love it.
Closest I can get to SNPA is Tankhouse by Mill St., made in Toronto, and is brought into Nfld by our Gov. controlled liquor store.

It's around $14 to $15 a 12 pack at most places around here. SNPA is also one of the closest clone brews I know of. It's also my baseline for trying out new processes. I have brewed this beer more than any other.

I'm in Colorado and Sierra Nevada is usually one of the less expensive craft brews. Six packs are around 8 bucks (same price for the basic New Belgium brews). Im drinking a lot of the Torpedo Tallboys which rock. You should get some if you havent. $7-8 for a four pack. worth every penny.

7-9 bucks for a sixer. It is generally less than many other craft beers.

In the summer here $16 a twelve - winter $14.

I know it well b/c it's about the only commercial beer I buy.

Just moved from Chico to Seattle. Chico I would pay 12.99 at Safeway for a 12 pack and at the bar it was normally 3.00 but we would have buck nights where you could pick one up for a dollar. Seattle is around 16.99 I think. Too many other breweries to buy Sierra right now. I will wait until celebration and ruthless come out.

Finally got a 12 pack for $12.88 this afternoon, had to fly to Kauai for it though.

Tomorrow going to try out some other brews, was told to give Kona a try, I believe it's out of Maui, till then time to enjoy the sun and laugh at the weather I left behind.

Finally got a 12 pack for $12.88 this afternoon, had to fly to Kauai for it though.

Tomorrow going to try out some other brews, was told to give Kona a try, I believe it's out of Maui, till then time to enjoy the sun and laugh at the weather I left behind.

i hate you....

Sierra Nevada goes for $12.99 a 12 pack on sale here which happens frequently now that the holidays are rolling in.
I've cloned the SNPA as well. Saves a ton of money and it's pretty simple to brew. Though it is absolutely delicious in cans right now.

$8.99 a sixer here in the great commonwealth of Kentucky. That's at my favorite liquor store any way.

Though it is absolutely delicious in cans right now.

Oh god no, I have to disagree, the cans are horrible!! Maybe its all mental, I tried it 3-4 times and I had to stop. There was no hop flavor left in the cans, the malt flavor was blanched out.... nope. can't do it. I'm a bottle/growler snob.

SNPA here in Buffalo ranges from 8.99 to 9.99. But we also have ass chunks of tax to pay plus deposit. Two sixers comes to like $21ish. A 12 pack is usually $15.99 which is a no-brainer, but that are not very common at the convenient stores.

Oh god no, I have to disagree, the cans are horrible!! Maybe its all mental, I tried it 3-4 times and I had to stop. There was no hop flavor left in the cans, the malt flavor was blanched out.... nope. can't do it. I'm a bottle/growler snob.

SNPA here in Buffalo ranges from 8.99 to 9.99. But we also have ass chunks of tax to pay plus deposit. Two sixers comes to like $21ish. A 12 pack is usually $15.99 which is a no-brainer, but that are not very common at the convenient stores.

Try a blind triangle test and see if you can tell the difference.

With TN's freaking taxes 6ers are $9, 12s were on sale in NC most of the summer for $11? Maybe that's a fantasy and they were $13. Either way, that was for SNPA or Torpedo and a great deal.

Sorry man, tried to take a pic but iPad won't let me attach it.

You're in Hawaii on vacation and you have nothing better to do than make people on HBT on a Saturday night jealous?:cross:

Try a blind triangle test and see if you can tell the difference.

I'm game, but we should really get a larger selection pool of data, say 12 or so SNPAs lined up, blind taste test cans vs bottle. :mug:

Seriously though, I could tell the difference, and once it was embarrassing because I brought a few 12 packs of SNPA cans over to a friends house and everyone complained about how nasty they were.

maybe they sat in the back of a semi in the 100 degree summer heat for a month... dunno.

On a side note.. I love that the northern hemisphere wet hop is $5 a bomber. Great price compared to all of the $8 - $11 bombers of other wet hop beers.

Was wondering what people are paying for Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in the States, with the savings of homebrewing I like to buy the odd six pack here in Canada paying 15 bucks for them.

Where and how much do you pay????????

15 bucks Canadian is like 3 dollars American, right?

I keed, I keed. I'm paying 8 bucks a sixer in good ol' GA.

Paulgs3 said:

The cheapest i've seen in buffalo is Rite Aid - 13.99. A buck more at Wegmans or Consumers.

Can only get SNPA at the state liquor stores here since it's over 4.0% ABV. 12 oz bottles for many beers are $1.50-$2.00 each, so a sixer would cost $9-$12 (probably closer to $12). They don't have "volume" discounts. This is a big reason why I got into home brewing...

15 bucks Canadian is like 3 dollars American, right?

I keed, I keed. I'm paying 8 bucks a sixer in good ol' GA.

Yea right, I don't usually cross the border to shop, I should because I'm like five minutes away from it, but swmbo, daughter and I are in Kauai right now and can't believe the prices of some stuff compared to home. The only problem is I get lost with all the different brands and naming of products.

Tried some Kona Brewing Fire Rock Pale Ale last night, not too shabby, has a finish to it that I can't quite distinguish but it'll come to me, now I just have to find a good beer glass from around here to put on top of the kegerator at home.

Back