Instagram: Any of you on it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewHeads

Reaction score
Instagram has a great beer community believe it or not. There are some really cool BrewHeads on there posting pictures for the beers they are drinking, brewing etc.

I was pretty surprised on how many homebrewers, breweries and craft beer fans were on there.

Check it out if your not already on it. It's addicting.

My instagram account: BrewHeads

Cheers!

I'm on Instagram but haven't really used it much yet. I do a pretty thorough job of documenting my beer and brewing on Facebook. I wasn't aware there was a big beer community on Instagram. I'll have to look into it. My handle on there is DustySharp. I'll look you up!

I'm CannibalAJ (go figure) I use it for posting more than just beer pics but that seems to be most of what i post anyways. I always seem to post pictures of beers from the different airports i lay over at...

polvofiloso said:
I'm on Instagram but haven't really used it much yet. I do a pretty thorough job of documenting my beer and brewing on Facebook. I wasn't aware there was a big beer community on Instagram. I'll have to look into it. My handle on there is DustySharp. I'll look you up!

Added you. Thanks for the add. I look forward to ur pictures.

Yeah I kinda fell off of Facebook. I still have it... I'll be on it more when my BrewHeads page goes up.

Yeah there's alot of breweries on there, homebrewers, craftbeer fans... Alot of beer trading has been going down. All through instagram haha

Teromous said:
So this is like a twitter for pictures?

It's an app for iPhones... It's like Facebook and twitter but all pictures. No "I'm sad I need attention" posts... It's all pictures. It's like those awesome books that you use to look at when u were a kid... Who wants to read? Well unless it's homebrew talk or brewing books

CannibalAJ said:
I'm CannibalAJ (go figure) I use it for posting more than just beer pics but that seems to be most of what i post anyways. I always seem to post pictures of beers from the different airports i lay over at...

Added you. Yeah I take pictures of different things... Funny thing is though only my beer pictures get love.

ilovebrewing said:
I had it, but felt that between Untappd, Facebook and Twitter, I was being "social" enough.

I hear you... So much social...It's hard to keep up with it all.

I added you CannibalAJ. Anybody else on Instagram since the last time this thread was bumped? Im on there as Dusty Sharp. Where else you gonna get content like this:

image-747172188.jpg

yeah, I'll get in on this. I haven't really used it much, but I'll give it a whirl.

username = richhermes

I tried Instagram, but as a professional photographer, the unnecessary, ridiculous "vintage" processing turned me off.

It's a cool concept. Just not my cup of tea.

+1

I teach photography so I hear ya. I can send people a "cross process" curve if they really want to get that vintage style. I used to say 5 years ago that film would make a comeback around 2015 since everyone will shoot digital and film would have a unique feel...then Instagram came out and I said nevermind. My favorite conversation with my students goes like this:

Student: I bought a a digital camera...how do I get my pictures to look like a vintage film camera?

Me: Simple...its only two steps!

Student: Really?!?!?

Me: Yes. Step 1, buy a vintage film camera...step 2, shoot pictures

Im on instagram. Have heaps of pics not just of beer stuff, anything really, the wife, kids, scenery.

Im truman42

You can go to the search and type in homebrew and it will bring up 6500 photos that have been tagged.

Very cool to see more beer instagramers...

I'm behind ofor his thread... I have alot of people to add now, yes! If I don't already follow you I will. Cheers!!

polvofiloso said:

Just saw this old post of mine and had to chuckle. Since I wrote that, IG has completely replaced Facebook for all if my homebrew and craft beer related posting.

It's an app for iPhones... It's like Facebook and twitter but all pictures. No "I'm sad I need attention" posts... It's all pictures. It's like those awesome books that you use to look at when u were a kid... Who wants to read? Well unless it's homebrew talk or brewing books

Yes, only' "I'm sad, look at my Hipster picture. I think I'm a photographer and need attention" posts :rolleyes:

IMG_20130329_215808_zps1c77345e.jpg

i'm rivenin

i'm all over the board on there, but have fun!

new belgium is on there, they have some pretty neat stuff, they pair "music and beers" mainly, which, i did find a few cool bands on there :mug:

IMG_20120927_191520_zps08b962f6.jpg

IMG_20120927_191929_zps44ed15d5.jpg

Digging out this old thread... Anyone using it these days?
I'm plathmama

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back