Bottling Day...Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterShake

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'll be bottling today. Waiting for FedEx to deliver my bottles.

Quick question, I got the bottles from Norther Brewer, do I need to intensively clean these bottles (if i do then with what?)...or can I just rinse them with my bottle jet and drop them in my sanitation bucket?

thanks. and wish me luck ! (its my first bottling experience)

A hard jet of hot water is usually enough to get most of the crud out of a bottle. Then just sanitize, drain, and you're good to go.

Since they are new bottles, you can just skip the initial rinse and drop them directly into your sanitizing bucket. I'd use the bottle jet to rinse the sanitizer out of the bottles before bottling. Of course, that's only if they are new and don't have any crusties in the bottom. Enjoy your bottling day!

I would give them a good rinsing, to make sure there is nothing on/in the bottle that would get into your sanitizing solution...

especially if you are going to reuse it!

They should already be pretty clean since they are new!

Next time, after they are used, you will definately want to clean them very good!

thanks guys.. ill hot water jet them and then drop them into my sanitation bucket...

now im still waiting for fedex to show up ...zzzzzz

Back