What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dry hopping: BIPA made with cascade, calypso and sterling hops. Ardennes yeast.

Recently bottled: Cherry, blackberry, blueberry fruit beer. Finished dry at 1.007. Ready to drink next week.

images

This is a recipe I found somewhere on the interweb. I scaled it down to 15 litres and changed out the hops (due to availability). I mashed BIAB style but did a couple of sparges (dunk, rinse, squeeze) to reach boil volume of about 18 litres. I did this on my electric stovetop and it went pretty well but I am still dialing in my all grain brewing process so there are a couple of things I`ll do different next time.

Irish Red Ale

All Grain
Batch: 15 litres
EST. OG: 1.050
IBUs: 23

7 lbs US 2-row
4 oz Crystal 40L
4 oz Crystal 120L
2.5 oz Roasted Barley (525L) Crushed extra fine
1 oz Fuggles 60 mins (recipe specified EKG but LHBS was out)
Nottingham Dry English Ale Yeast

Mash temp 154F for 90 minutes
60 mins boil

Partial Mash
Batch: 5 gallons
OG: 1.070
IBUs: I don't know how to calculate IBUs.

6.6lbs Munton's LME light
2.5lbs TF&S Crystal I (40L, IIRC)
4oz Smoked
4oz Chocolate
2lbs Gambrinus ESB
1lb US 2-row
1oz US Magnum 60min
.5oz Mosaic 30min
.5oz Mosaic 15min

Mash temp 153F for 90min

Mercifully, I've used a 5-gallon jug of already-filtered water, which I believe to be the source of most of my recent brewing failures.

Beer for my wedding on Aug 31!
-Porter
-ESB
-Saison
-Nierra Savada pale ale
-Helles
-Jamil's Evil Twin
(We're doing a pig roast and home brew reception. I live in central Pennsylvania; what can I say...)

Saturdays brew was one gallon each of: English porter, RyePA, and American Brown.

A new technique was tested, sort of like a parti-gyle type thing: No-sparge mashed the porter and ryePA, started the boil on both of those. In the meantime, I mixed the spent-but-still-sugary grains from both mashes and sparged for two gallons at 1.010, added a pound of DME and boiled with 5 grams Chinook 60 mins. This may be a regular thing if it goes well, since I tend to get tired of what I brew when I make 5 gallon batches, it will provide some diversity.

Beer for my wedding on Aug 31!
-Porter
-ESB
-Saison
-Nierra Savada pale ale
-Helles
-Jamil's Evil Twin
(We're doing a pig roast and home brew reception. I live in central Pennsylvania; what can I say...)

Yummm.. Got a piggy roast this Sat. I am bringing down a corny keg of oktoberfest and a couple empty kegs for my buddy to mix his concoction (google hop, skip, and go naked for the recipe. Its beer, vodka, lemonade mix and sprite) as well as my 3 tap regulator and purchasing a couple kegs of fizzy lawnmower beers so people do not get too far gone. I am counting the hours left at work this week.

5 gallons of Irish Red Ale. 5 gallons of British Pale ALe. 5 gallons of Burton Ale. 10 gallons of Clockwork Orange Cream Ale. 5 gallons of Helles Belles Lager and 5 gallons of Augustinian Lite Lager

3gal Sweet Jeebus Sweet Stout (a modified deception cream stout)
3gal Wicked WIPA (needs to be transferred to secondary for dry hopping about 2 weeks ago...)

Just bottled a couple gallons of apfelwein from my LBK, and I've got 5 gallons of my Blonde Ale clearing up in primary right now.

5 gallons of wheat ale with biscuit malt, cinnamon, and vanilla. We will add 9 lbs of white peaches to the bucket after the first week. Yeast is Wyeast 1450, "Denny's Favorite," which is our new favorite. Gonna be a long wait!

Amber in one. Honey brown in another. Chocolate poter and edworts haus pale going in this weekend and hopefully the apelfwine as well

Nothing now. Just pulled out an Irish Red. In the next couple of days I will have White House Honey Porter and an Oberon clone going.

Wet-hopped Pale Ale. I got an 8 oz. sample of vacuum-packed Brewers' Gold from Westtown Brew Works here in the hudson Valley. 4 oz. went into the last 2 minutes of the boil and the other 4 oz. will go into the secondary.

10 gal batch of Ef'n Hef'n
5 gal batch of NW Amber
both brewed yesterday.

10 gal of bourbon Porter (from early July) :ban:
10 gal of imperial red (from mid july)
10 gal of Citra Bomb IPA (late July)

Busy month. Looking forward to good beer, but sad to see I'm out of fermenters :(

I've got two empties for the first time in ages. Planned to brew today but didn't feel like it after work. Can't remember when I posted in this thread last, but the list is pretty much the same:

Lamebic x1
Sour Red x3
Sour Brown x2
Sour Strong Black x1
Wild Brown Saison x1
Brett primary golden sour x1
Frankenbeer x1 - about 80% blackberry biere de garde with assorted other beers and a variety of commercial dregs.

I have nothing in my fermentation vessels. I have, however, fully restocked my distilled spirits.

Have a wonderful night HBT crew. I intend to pass out shortly...

2 X 5 gallons of Clockwork Orange Cream Ale (American & London yeasts)
5 gallons Irish Red (still being stubborn but gaining on it) (Irish)
5 gallons of Helles Belles, kegging next weekend, yay!
5 gallons of Augustine Light Lager
5 gallons of Chinook IPA (S-04)
5 gallons of Bravo IPA (Burton)
Just kegged:
5 gallons British Pale (S-04)
5 gallons Burton Ale (Burton)
Next up: Milk-O-Stout and Porter Partigyle 10 Gallon. (Irish and London)

I really should take an SG reading right about now, but I'm too lazy. My first all-original, five-gallon batch was, at last reading (Thursday night), fermenting nicely. I'll cold-crash it tomorrow, and, barring any unforeseen mishaps, bottle Friday night.

Back