Music was better Then

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i'm 23, and I have to say, I think music peaked from '65- '80. We just celebrated my Dad's 51st birthday with a couple of homebrews, and singing along to every single song on Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme. I'm sorry, but except for Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews, what has music brought to the table since 1990?

yes, I would actually leave dave matthews out of that too. Most songs are pretty monotonous with the formulation by some big wig studio guy. Where are the drum solos man?

That beings said, I still find the newer music I like with NO help from the radio

Almost all of the bands brought up from the 90s and earlier were played on the radio. So is everyone saying radio got worse not the music.

To Special Hops: Jack Johnson, G-Love, and the White Stripes get plenty of air time. Jack Johnson is constantly played on whatever crappy adult contempory station my wife listens to not to mention half the department stores you walk into anymore. Not that I don't like him or the White Stripes, G-Love I could take or leave.

I think the biggest thing for me is that I got older and my free time got shorter so I don't really have the time to search for good bands anymore.

Since I was in college for a majority of the 90's:drunk:, I'm going to have to say there were some pretty good bands:

Widespread Panic
Phish
leftover Salmon
Beck
Blues Travelers

But now all I listen to is Bluegrass:ban:

Back