1.5 TC Complete RIMS tube with all connections FREE SHIPPING!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hay guys we got in the 1.5" Tri Clover RIMS system in stock and I am going to give the first 5 people here on HBT free shipping (US SHIPMENT ONLY). I do have a limited quantity of these in stock at the moment but want to get a few of you guys her on HBT real KILLER deal. This RIMS tube comes with:

2 stainless RIMS tubes
Stainless waterproof element adapter with ground clamp
Waterproof electrical cord grip
5 tri clover clamps
5 silicone gaskets
1.5" TC temp adapter compression fitting for the end (not included in Brand X Rims tubes)
blank cap also for the end if your not using a temp probe (not included in Brand X RIMS tubes)
We also are including the 2, 1.5" tri Clover to 1/2" barbed (not included in Brand X RIMS tubes)

http://shopsite.ipower.com/ss11.2/s...ch_field=RIMS&add+to+cart.x=0&add+to+cart.y=0

If you have been looking looking for a RIMS system now is your chance to get one at a HUGE discount.

Respond to this thread if you would like a free shipping promo for the RIMS tube. I am going to limit this to the first 5.

Cheers
Jay

I've really been considering doing a RIMS tube lately. What heating element do you recommend with this kit?

Sizing your element is really going to be dependent on your needs. Are you doing 5 gallon batches or 10 or 50? Sizing the element to the flow of your system and your electrical availability is key. But, that said most use the 5500 watt 220v element. Me, being an electrician think there is more to the system than just putting the largest element in there that you can. I would ask several questions about your system and needs before I recommended an element size myself.
Are you looking at using 120vac or 220?
Are you going to be running a PID loop?
How many gallon batch size?

Cheers
Jay

Just got a PM about swapping out parts on this RIMS tube. Like swapping out the barbed fittings for threaded female or even male. You bet! I will be happy to set that up for you guys. All I ask is you pay the difference of the parts. to swap it out for the female adds $10 and the male is $8. Just reply here or shoot me a PM.

I do have a limited amount of these at the moment.

Cheers
Jay

Are there any free shipping promos left? Been thinking about a RIMS system for a while and this might make me pull the trigger.

Am I too late for a promo code? I'm ordering one this week! (Free shipping or not)

Am I too late for a promo code? I'm ordering one this week! (Free shipping or not)

DanH you sir would be number 5 sold here on HBT with free shipping. I have sent out about several free shipping offers and 4 HBT members have purchased them so far. PM on the way.

What element are you going to use? What size batches are you doing?

Cheers
Jay

Jaybird said:
DanH you sir would be number 5 sold here on HBT with free shipping. I have sent out about several free shipping offers and 4 HBT members have purchased them so far. PM on the way.

What element are you going to use? What size batches are you doing?

Cheers
Jay

Sweet!!! Thanks!

I do five and ten gallon batches. I am making a keggle MLT. I already have your stainless sparge arm, which is awesome and I'd recommend it to anyone. The element that I'm planning to use is a 4500watt 240V but I'm gonna wire it for 120V. I meant to order one that didn't fold back but I ordered the wrong one. I may have to bend it to make it fit.

Do you bend it to avoid touching the tube wall? How do you wire the element to 120v? I only have a 220 receptacle on my controller.

Do you bend it to avoid touching the tube wall? How do you wire the element to 120v? I only have a 220 receptacle on my controller.

Yes you would want he element to not touch the walls if you can get away with it. If you have 220 VAC then use it. There is no need to go 120 when you have 220 available.

Cheers
Jay

If i can get a 220v 2000w element, would that be better than a higher wattage element?

I cant really start a war on what is better or worse 120 VAC or 220, 2000 watt or 5000 watt. I am sure you can understand that. But a 2000 watt 220vac element will work wonderfully.

Cheers
Jay

Mine just arrived! It is freaking awesome and I can't wait to use it, but it may be a month or two while I wait for the rest of the build to finish (I work a lot).

My heating element seems to almost completely fill the inside diameter of the tube. It won't restrict flow, but I don't see how I can prevent it from touching the sides. Any advice?

Damn Dan that got there fast! I figured you had to wait long enough from the "other" company. I went ahead and shipped it priority for you.

What element are you using? You shouldn't be touching the sides. Not sure exactly what will happen if it touches the sides. I doubt anything because you are completely submerged in liquid. But I really don't know because I have never ran into that. You said your going to be a month or 2 let me do a few tests with mine. I will replace the element with one that touches the sides of the tube and test the heck out of it. Sound good. I have a brew day planned for a week from tomorrow. I can test it then. Sound good?

Pictures? Post up some picts of the system you have and the element your using too..

Cheers
Jay

Yeah man that was fast. Thank you very much! The brewstand is still being built so it's at my welder's house (so no pics) but it's going to be a single tier, three keggle, propane RIMS system.

It won't let me upload a photo like it normally does... Standby..:

Edit to add: for some reason the option to upload isn't there, but in all other threads, it shows up again, so there's something that I must not be aware of.

I have a 1.5 OD tube & the fold back element is touching the side. Is there a safe way to bend it at the base & angle it away? I think that is what caused my last element to burn through cause it was touching the side.

Not sure what TR us but the other is low watt. Any luck with experimenting with your fold back element touching sides of tube?

Anybody have input about 1.5" tube with element touching the side of the tube? I've gone through 2 elements because of this.....i think that is what is causing it anyways.

Is there a safe way to bend an element? No matter how i insert it, it always leans a little towards the tube side & slightly touches.

Sorry Owentp didn't see your response till tonight. I have bend elements in my brewery by hand a tat to get them to fit in my HLT. Give that a try.

Cheers
Jay

Jay bird, do 240v elements have a different or wider thread screw in element than 120v? I am putting in my 120 v 2000 w w/no problem but EVERY 240v element I put in threads different & the element always tilts towards the inside of the tube. I am inserting it into a 1.5x1 bushing. Very frustrated!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Started to think it was the bushing & tried several others & had same problem. Totally baffled. Guess i will save up & get a manufactured one. Thx for your feedback.

Back