Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is where I belong... :-D

Here is mY Lacey last summer, and a not so great pic of the new seat with backrests

252991_799003443804_418684_n.jpg

253821_799003139414_8346921_n.jpg

Had some paint left over from wifey's jet-ski, so... My logic was that hot pink was worth 1-2 seconds per lap, as you don't wanna be the slow guy on a pink bike. 2011 R6 supersport race bike... my buddy Gregg right behind me...

Nice.. I want my 6 back :( She paid for all the upgrades on the cruiser though.

249716_799003324044_8081547_n.jpg

Here is my '95 1100 all ready for my last road trip of the year this past October:

IMG_0048.jpg

I rode it down to AL/GA.

Here is my CB550 I picked up last August. It's almost done with a ground-up redo.

CB550_sig.jpg

Here is my latest acquisition, a '90 CBR1000f (replacing the Shadow). It came with a junked matching parts bike!

image_zps07ce01e3.jpg

46_zps19d61d93.jpg

2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C A.

Stripped it down to frame and drivetrain to triple black out the motor as well as several other antics.

Not the clearest shot, but it's my '03 Z1000 on Angeles Crest last weekend, at night when it was raining a bit.

nightrider.jpg

My favorite pic of my '97 Harley Fat Boy. I took this on the side of the road while I was putting a face mask on in the pouring rain. I was trying to beat the rain on my way home from a Patriot Guard ride and didn't ride fast enough. That was the best ride I have had in a long time.

2012-08-18_17-05-32_759_zps29755c99.jpg

^I was lookin' at a shadow before buying the c50. If the guy had come down on his price, I'd have ended up with a silver one that looked just like that.

img_0001-58566.jpg

This is my custom chopper.

1 speed Schwinn hog powered by a meaty 49 CC china girl two stroke engine pushing out an incredible 3 horses. It reaches top speeds of 30 mph, gets an incredible 80+ MPG and the chicks dig it!

Actually, I built this bike and had fun with it for a few days before I realized the danger in riding one.

I was riding full throttle when a suburban driving soccer mom turned left in front of me while talking on her cellular device. My standard bicycle braking system was screaming at me as I bared down and closed my eyes, stopping just a couple feet from the side of this land yacht.

The picture you see here folks is the one that I posted on Craigslist the next day. Lots of fun but not worth it.

Ha! Rode today. Winter in Texas.

And I want a faster, stronger bike. My 850cc Suzuki C50 is great and all. I'd just like more get up and go. It won't happen in the near future, but on the list is
Suzuki C90. Very similar to what I have now. Sort of its big brother.
Victory. One of the big fender ones, but not a Vision.
Harley Davidson 883. Wonder if it'd be more enough. Leaning more to a Sportster 1200 if I went HD. Kind of leery of maintenance. The HD owners I know spend more money and time on up keep than any other brand owners I know, and not just on hopping them up.
Yamaha/Star has some cruisers in the 900 neighborhood that I like.
Honda VLX. VTX? I forget. I ride with a guy who has one of those 1300s. It moves.

Thoughts?

I've always loved Yamaha..

I know of the same problems with HD owners.. my father included.. always has more maintenance issues.

The VTX is sweet if you want to have a lot of aftermarket options.. The 1300s ride well, but I hear the 1800s are really heavy in the corners.

I ride with a buddy that was really happy with his suzuki m90.. and upgraded to the 109r.. which if you're looking for get up and go holds up to my Roadliner with an 1854cc engine.. and really pushes my warrior which is one of the fastest cruiser class bikes out there.

Don't really know anything about victory other than their big price tag.

And I want a faster, stronger bike. My 850cc Suzuki C50 is great and all. I'd just like more get up and go. It won't happen in the near future, but on the list is
Harley Davidson 883. Wonder if it'd be more enough. Leaning more to a Sportster 1200 if I went HD. Kind of leery of maintenance. The HD owners I know spend more money and time on up keep than any other brand owners I know, and not just on hopping them up.
Honda VLX. VTX? I forget. I ride with a guy who has one of those 1300s. It moves.

Thoughts?

Well I suspect your C50 has more get up and go than either stock Sportster. Could be wrong. A friend of mine has a 1200 he added a stage 2 kit on that's very quick & fun to ride but he can't keep up with longer rides without needing a break. Take some for a test ride. Ultimately ride what you like though!

Not to start the whole HD banter but many owners are doing more tweaking and pimping compared to fixing the newer models. They're like crackheads with the custom purchases. Me, I spent some on performance, comfort & quick disconnect accessories then stopped. My '09 rides great with no problems.

Here's some pics in road trip mode vs. runaround town mode in under 5 minutes :).

2012-05-07_09-40-26_543.jpg

2012-11-10_15-55-24_53.jpg

Thoughts?

Find ya a nice used Kawasaki Vulcan 2000. Maybe you can even find a new carryover. That's a big step up though in size, not just engine wise. It's a physically big bike.

Yes, that's 2053cc of v-twin, 125 hp, 140 ft-lb of torque, stock. Bottom picture in post #392 is mine (without the saddle bags installed). Put on Vance & Hines Powershot exhaust to make a little more noise. Nice pipe. Mellow rumble when cruising but she really barks when you get on it.

Nice thread! Here's my family photo album, one is currently parked on the sidewalk at work, the other two are home in the garage.

My first, a 2006 Honda 599

373793_4479757918061_1258138171_n.jpg

228211_2073049911865_1381212_n.jpg

73710_1699310128604_1538293_n.jpg

And my second, a 2003 SV1000s I picked up wrecked, mostly fixed at this point.

534803_3942964538562_1882114249_n.jpg

425487_4281727927435_27179451_n.jpg

And the latest addition, my 2008 Yamaha R6 (and my new-bike-grin)

488131_4326833215039_1455211776_n.jpg

:D I dig motorbikes.

Here is my pair!

The commuter/mountain twisty carver...2006 Yamaha FZ6-S

Dscf4570.jpg

The Touring/2-up beast! 2007 Victory Kingpin Tour (Eats Harleys 3 meals per day!)

NewVic2012015.jpg

I hate February! Haven't had the bikes out once all month! Dang you winter!

Nice bikes! You need to switch from VA to CA to beat that winter drag!

Thanks!

I've been to LA once to visit my cousin...that traffic is more of a drag than our 2 months of winter in Va. :cross:

My ideal location would be central South Carolina...close to the mountains and the beach, mild winters. Too bad no one is hiring mid-level environmental engineers down there.

Thanks!
I've been to LA once to visit my cousin...that traffic is more of a drag than our 2 months of winter in Va. :cross:

You get used to (legally) splitting traffic pretty quick on a motorcycle, but I agree: LA is a nightmare in a car or on a cruiser.

SC sounds nice, never been to either myself. I always recommend LinkedIn for a job change, it helped me find my jump-job from New York to LA.

Good luck and ride safe out there!

Find ya a nice used Kawasaki Vulcan 2000. Maybe you can even find a new carryover. That's a big step up though in size, not just engine wise. It's a physically big bike.

Yes, that's 2053cc of v-twin, 125 hp, 140 ft-lb of torque, stock. Bottom picture in post #392 is mine (without the saddle bags installed). Put on Vance & Hines Powershot exhaust to make a little more noise. Nice pipe. Mellow rumble when cruising but she really barks when you get on it.

I second that!

Although my Vulcan is a 1500, it still gets up and goes plenty. Very nice ride, too.

Zuljin said:

Thoughts?

I have a buddy in ftw selling a gsxr 600. May not be your style though...

Back