Keezer full of beer (not in the keg)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcnyyfan

Reaction score
I went to get a beer tonight and there was a layer of beer on the floor of my chest freezer. One of my picnic taps was slowly leaking. Once I cleaned it up I found the top of the tap was loose and it wasn't sealing correctly. I can't wait until I can get my collar built and put regular taps in. :-\

This has happened to me too. Except I just hooked up the co2 to a keg to carb it up and the out valve poppet wasn't sealed. So now every time I hook up the co2 I also hook up the tap line.

This has happened to me too. Except I just hooked up the co2 to a keg to carb it up and the out valve poppet wasn't sealed. So now every time I hook up the co2 I also hook up the tap line.

had the same issue last week. Didn't lose much beer but ruined my floor. I cleaned my kegs replacing the valves and rings and the spring got stuck on the out valve. Cider shot out into the air.

had the same issue last week. Didn't lose much beer but ruined my floor. I cleaned my kegs replacing the valves and rings and the spring got stuck on the out valve. Cider shot out into the air.

First your carboy randomly breaks, then you shoot cider all over the place? You're bad luck! :drunk:

Just waiting for this to happen to me. I got the cheapest, crappiest picnic taps from my usually super-excellent LHBS. They stick open every time and the pulls are loose so one of these days something is going to shift in the keezer and poke one of those buggers open. Just a ticking time bomb.

Back