Cornelius Kegs a deal or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper

Reaction score
I found a guy selling some single handle Cornelius kegs 10 for $180. I would have to drive 4 hrs to pick them up how ever.

Is this a good price for these kegs?

Probably depends on the condition, but even if you have to replace some rubber and maybe even poppets, $18/keg is a decent deal.

Add in your estimated cost for gas during the trip and re-determine the price. If you drive a gas guzzler, then it may not be worth it. Assume 8 hrs at 65mph is 520 miles. Say your vehicle gets 20mpg, so you've used up 26gal of gas. Gas is $2.85/gal down here, so it would run me $75 in gas. Divided by 10 (10 kegs) and you're looking at $25.50 a keg. Cheaper than most homebrew shops by a few $, but I've seen better deals. I ordered 6 reconditioned kegs online with all new o-rings for $108. That came to $18.50 each. And that was WITH shipping.

Yeah I dont think its a killer deal for me to drive 8rhs round trip for. This guy is in Vancouver Wa if anyone else is interested.

Jester4176 said:
I ordered 6 reconditioned kegs online with all new o-rings for $108. That came to $18.50 each. And that was WITH shipping.

Is that person still selling online?

Flipper said:
I found a guy selling some single handle Cornelius kegs 10 for $180. I would have to drive 4 hrs to pick them up how ever.
Great price, but what a drive...

I will say that I LOVE those single-handle kegs. I find them much easier to tear down, maneuver and connect to, plus there is no decomposing rubber handle to make your hands and kegerator black.

Yeah, the single handled kegs are awesome. SO much easier to get the posts off and on.

Flipper said:
Is that person still selling online?

Dunno if they're still a kit at that price...you can contact them though and find out. I bought mine in an e-bay auction from the seller, who had a ton of these kegs.

Adventures in Homebrewing
313-277-2739
23439 Ford Rd.
Dearborn, MI 48128

http://www.homebrewing.org/

I bought mine in April 06, so I'd be surprised if prices/shipping haven't gone up at least a few dollars.

Back