Another Newbie Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpmaill

Reaction score
Hey all...I posted two of my first labels last night.... here is one Ill be using tomorrow when I bottle my Weizenbeir. It has honey and grated orange peels in it so hence the label. I know its tacky but what can I say!

Swheat nothins' date.jpg

Yeah, there's a giant orange where the moon should be. Other than that, it looks nice!!

:)

I really like the idea and I certainly couldn't get it as far as you got it. Is there any way to make the orange look more like it belongs there? It just looks a little cut-n-paste.

Again, I AM NOT A PRO, I COULDN'T DO ANY BETTER MYSELF, I AM JUST LEAVING A SMALL CRITIQUE OF WHAT I THINK MAY HELP TAKE IT UP A NOTCH!!!

Happy Brewing!

Thanks and all comments r appreciated!

Im sure the orange could look more natural but thats beyond me lol. All my labels have that quirky almost ridiculous factor to em. Im gettin better w photoshop so ill see what i can do to it. Thanks again!

The orange looks cut and paste for two reasons:

1. It is larger than its own reflection on the water. Scale down and center the orange to the same size (or a tad larger) than the reflection.

2. It is too bright for a sunset like that. Play with the contrast and tone it down a bit. Maybe up the red hue a bit.

Looks great anyhow! The more labels you make, the better you'll get!

:mug:

Back