Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are so many things in that pic i dont understand BP.... think you should explain left to right:fro:

P1010853.jpg
[/IMG]

LOL

Left to right... the stainless thing on the wall with the tray is my home sized Randal. It has a cornie fitting on the bottom and is connected to the taps via a hose. Next is my Irish coffin salvaged from my last Keg-O-rator. It has (left to right) a beer engine (hand pump), cider faucet, 3 beer faucets, a stout faucet and another beer engine. The paddle on the door is my Tiki brewer paddle.

P1010853.jpg
[/IMG]

LOL

Left to right... the stainless thing on the wall with the tray is my home sized Randal. It has a cornie fitting on the bottom and is connected to the taps via a hose. Next is my Irish coffin salvaged from my last Keg-O-rator. It has (left to right) a beer engine (hand pump), cider faucet, 3 beer faucets, a stout faucet and another beer engine. The paddle on the door is my Tiki brewer paddle.

I would like more pics please... lots of them! That setup is great!!

The photo quality could be better...I will take another pick tonight with my "real camera"...but was just excited to show of the handles....

tap_handles.jpeg
[/IMG]

I love these handles. Did you make them?
I'm guessing from some sort of table leg - many of the DIY tap handles I see on HBT use the same phallic-looking table legs from Home Depot. And if you found a Boston-area source for better suited table legs, I've got to find out where! Sweet work man

The tall ones are stool legs...I think I got the stool from A.C. Moore....The short one I found a whole bunch of them a wood store on the vineyard....the SWMBO does all the painting and polyeurathane...I always am looking for new pieces to convert...I believe if you take the time time craft your beer then it deserves it's own tap...

The tall ones are stool legs...I think I got the stool from A.C. Moore....The short one I found a whole bunch of them a wood store on the vineyard....the SWMBO does all the painting and polyeurathane...I always am looking for new pieces to convert...I believe if you take the time time craft your beer then it deserves it's own tap...

Cool, thanks. And I agree, good beer deserves a good tap handle. Looks like I'm off to the craft store.... or maybe the local antique shops to find furniture to hack up. :)

Here is my new Keezer. 8.8 Kenmore
She lives outside
Using the ebay guys tower cooler and it works great!
Perfect beer all day.
IMG_5394.jpg

I was originally going to do something like that but my lovely wife convinced me to leave it as is so our 20 month old daughter can play with magnets on it.
I already found a nice "its 5 o'clock somewhere" :)

I was originally going to do something like that but my lovely wife convinced me to leave it as is so our 20 month old daughter can play with magnets on it.
I already found a nice "its 5 o'clock somewhere" :)

I did a similar trim, but painted mine black. Check my sig Keezer, I like that look. Maybe outdoors you want the reflective white though..

Very nice Ricand!!
I had two cans of black appliance paint in hand but in the end decided to stick with the white. Like you mentioned, I decided to stick with the white as she gets late afternoon sun and I wanted to try and keep her as efficient as possible being outside and all

Ebay sourced glastender tower = $261.00
Lowes Holiday 5.3cu chest freezer = $198.00
Rockler casters = $50.00
Wood = $75
Stain/poly/brushes = $25
Total = $609 (I'm glad the wife doesn't read this forum)

Blending in with the kitchen and keeping said wife happy = priceless

IMG_20100803_201959-768x1024.jpg

IMG_20100803_202115-1024x768.jpg

Holy Cow, EvenOlder. That is a gorgeous tower. Nice stain as well.

That's exactly the look I'm going for in my basement.

I would love to see more details.

The chest freezers make great "keezers" with the addition of a external thermostat to get the temps where you want them.
Some go with homemade collars, mostly wooden, to add space so that a keg can sit on the hump if there is one, and they also serve as a place to attach faucets, regulators, etc. Don't drill into the body of a chest freezer, you will almost surely hit a line and brick the freezer.
Some do towers or coffins, which are nice but they need more clearance to open the lid, the upside is the more traditional appearance and height of the faucets (keeps my dog out)

YES - very good point, I had not thought of keeping the dogs out(my two english bulldogs love beer almost as much as SWMBO and myself) - that is a dealbreaker for me!!! I also like the look of towers better anyways, but wasnt sure if I wanted to spend the extra $$$.

Were you really able to fit 4 corney kegs in a 5.3 cu freezer?
I'm gonna try 2 5gal cornys and 2 2.5gal cornys. I don't know if they'll fit or not.

the 2.5gals will be for kids apple/fruit juice and wife's wine spritzer.

the 5gals will be for what I brew or a sixtel for parties.

steve

I'm very pleased to finally be able to post my addition to this thread! I started this on Mother's Day weekend back in May, and I had it finished for the most part a couple weeks later, however it took me a while to get the temperature controller... The controller is sold by the company that I work for, so I was patient and waited until I had an opportunity to get one for free :D

This thing will hold 8 cornies, 6 on the floor and 2 on the hump, but I doubt I ever have that much in there. My plan is to eventually add a 5 tap in the middle. I got lucky and found a drip tray on ebay that was the exact length that I needed, and it only cost $30. I wish it were a couple inches deeper but no biggie, it still looks nice.

More photos from the actual build and first pour can be found here

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Great use of space. Is that a sliding track, like on a drawer? Must be pretty heavy duty.

Thanks for all the compliments. I'm still amazed myself when the whole thing rolls into the hallway. My friend Jon builds cabinetry for a living, and he did a amazing job, especially with the tight space and wonky angles in the house.

The industrial rollers are similar to what are used on drawers. They are impressive pieces of hardware for $100, and I doubt the project would have worked without them. They are 36" long, rated for 500 pounds, and they have full extension, meaning they extend out for the full 36" inches.
We had to supplement them with some small casters, as the hallway floor slopes up as the kegerator pulls out (you can see that in the first pic looking at the gap under the door).

Back