Seattle Home Brew Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impetuous Brewer

Reaction score
Hey all, I just moved to Seattle and am looking for peoples opinions on where to go and which is the best store. I am not really interested in ordering online so I would much prefer a local store. Thanks all!

What part of town are you in?
There are a few other major ones in town, I truly like them all better than Cellar,
one has a great website, one has a piss poor website (but the store is awesome) and
one has no website at all.

The real factor for you, as they are all pretty good, will probably be convenience, which is why I ask where you are located. Three of them are convenient to me, one is the most convenient, and that is the one I use the most, but honestly, the one I just like the most.

Hey all, I live in Queen Anne. So near downtown is best, but I will drive to get what I need if I must. I do not all grain, but do partial mashes so access to a good grain assortment is a plus. Thanks again!

Thanks guys,.. I messed up on picking up supplies yesterday at Bob's and didn't realize it till I opened my one can of extract. I needed two and it was past closing.

I'll stop by Market or Larry's.

Nice google map.

I used The Cellar for a long time and recently found Bob's.
Bob's is cleaner by far. The Cellar is dirty, oddly laid out and just seems not as professional to me. They have most of the stuff you might need and they are friendly enough though.

There is a really good collection of home brew stores in the area. This area is mega home brew friendly. I have been to several. The one I use most is Mountain Home Brew as it is well stocked, friendly staff, and conveinent to my work commute. Bobs is a neat place. The Cellar is cool as well although a bit disorganized.
You can find good lists at two places:
Yelp
Home brew Seattle | Yelp

and the Washington Homebrewers Association (WAHA) which also provides info on local brewing clubs
Washington Homebrewers Association - Homebrew Stores

Bob's...he's super friendly and knowledgeable and the store is really nice.

I live closest to Cellar, but I agree with what's been posted, its dirty and kind of unprofessional. I try to avoid it unless there's an emergency.

Bob's seems to be the cheapest, and generally has good stuff. Mountain Homebrew is close to my office, so I tend to go there to grab my ingredients. They're pretty pricey though, like at least $2-$5/item more than Bob's.

I've only been to Larry's once and it was awesome! I wish that store wasn't so far away!

Good to see there are so many here from Seattle.

Oly here, and this thread just made me want to call in sick tomorrow, go to the LHBS tomorrow and brew in the afternoon....:ban:

Coff. Coff... um I'm already not feeling too well....ahem....:D

I've been a customer of Larry's for years, his shop is top notch. They're also a distributor to many of the local micros so the prices are very reasonable.

Bob's and the Cellar are both just fine for all your supplies.
Market Cellar on Western is small and the old man moves da*n slow but he is pretty cool if you speak loudly enough to communicate easily with him.
I go too all of them, don't limit yourself.
Capitol Hill over here, not too far, Queen Anne is a pretty nice area

take a trip down to "E-town" thats actually Everett but Homebrew heaven is there and man it is my go to great grain and lots of other goodies. Plus there is a Italian place next to it...Georgios! Great homemade italian . Get the salad with ranch. only a half hour from sea town. Peace!!:fro:

for the record, my cheapest batch ever was at The Cellar.

Bought a grain account for 50 bucks which covered my next 7 batches. Within that time I did EdWort's pale ale with their local cascades from BALLARD (Seattle folk know how cool that is!) and some notty for 8 bucks.

Yep 8 bucks.

The cellar is really well stocked compared to bob's and only a shade behind larry's. I'd say best bet for central to north seattle.

/end seattle beersnobbery

Bumping an old thread, I know, but any thoughts on who has the better crush between Bob's and Cellar? I haven't been doing all grain long enough to make my own judgement, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any opinions.

I know, I'm making this a zombie thread, but I'm looking to buy a brew kettle for myself for my birthday, and I'v been surfing for all the LHBS around a stumbled across this thread and had to give a shout out to Larry's, my go to LHBS! I live really close to Cellar, and go there sometimes, but Larry's is my favorite! super friendly, and normally well stocked.

2nd resurrection.
Any updates?

I checked out homebrew heaven and the hops were .50-75 cents an ounce cheaper hops, 7 lbs dme for the same price as 6 lbs dme, 4 dollars cheaper for 6 lbs of DME, ability to buy caps by the pound (in comparison to the store I have been going to)......Sure the extra 20 minute drive may neutralize some cost savings, but with prior prep. you can save significant money.
Plus they have digital scales in multiple places through the store, a mill which seemed to do the same as a double milling at the other place....

Even if going there frequently isn't practical, just though I would give a shout out.

Now if I could find a place open prior to 10 AM

i agree that cellar doesn't seem as clean or well organized as the others i've been to around here (bob's and Mountain)
but the people are a ton more friendly and eager to help than at mountain, and the prices are better, too.

FYI, cellar's online prices are significantly higher than their in-store prices, for those of you that are comparing them by website.

my last batch at Cellar (without the grain card) was $15, the one before that was ~$16.

i liked Bob's the 2 times i've been in there, but it's a much longer drive, and it seems he's always closed on my days off.

I'm glad to see that people like homebrew heaven up north, their website looked great. I just moved from Kirkland to Mill Creek, MountainHome Brew is pretty spendy compared to the rest but the owner was a tremendous help with my first AG batch

Back