Keezer Dehumidifier-Anyone try this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard nothing but good things on this. I will be getting one I these with my next Amazon buy. As of right now I use a container of DamlRid. Seems to be doing the trick but would like something that I don't have to continue to keep buying.

I have the 500 model in my fermentation chamber, and the difference it made is amazing.
Before I was constantly combating mold in the chamber because of all the moisture.
Now, nothing. No moisture, no mold.
I have to plug in the device to dry it out maybe every 6 weeks.

Thanks for sharing, I just bought two. Every month I need to pull all my kegs and throw a towel in the keeper to soak up all the moisture.

Added one of these to the mini fridge keggerator and it quickly eliminated the ice and water from the ceiling of the fridge.

do people like these electric ones better than the giant bag of desiccant you recharge in the oven? I'm getting several months out of my bag. I open the lid a lot.

They probably work the same.
These you only plug in to dry them out - they have a little built in heater.

A friend of mine drives a '72 Olds Vista Cruiser with a leaky roof. In the wet months he keeps a bucket in the back that has a basket of some sort of granular material suspended in the mouth.

I'm not clear on how it works, but water collects in the bucket and the interior of his cruiser does not mold or rust.

He got it at a boat store. He's from seattle so it's probably some trick that people from the rain forest of the northwest all know.

But it may depend on weather fluctuations to work, for all I know.

A friend of mine drives a '72 Olds Vista Cruiser with a leaky roof. In the wet months he keeps a bucket in the back that has a basket of some sort of granular material suspended in the mouth.

I'm not clear on how it works, but water collects in the bucket and the interior of his cruiser does not mold or rust.

He got it at a boat store. He's from seattle so it's probably some trick that people from the rain forest of the northwest all know.

But it may depend on weather fluctuations to work, for all I know.

Sounds like damp rid.

Just ordered the Eva-dry E-500 from amazon yesterday. Should be here today. Gotta love $3 overnight shipping with prime!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...works as advertised. Chest freezer went from standing water, condensation, ice accumulation to bone dry in a few days. We'll see how long it lasts, but for now I am impressed.

Edit: Eva-Dry E-500

Back