AHS West Coast Pale Ale Hops Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NobleNewt

Noble Newt
Reaction score
I just got my West Coast Pale Ale Session kit from AHS. The recipe looks like this:

1/4# Melanoidin Malt
1/2# Crystal 90
1/4# Biscuit Malt
1.25# 2-Row
3# Light DME
8 oz Malto Dextrin

3/4 oz Columbus (14.4% AA) bittering hops (60 min)
1/4 oz Columbus flavor hops (15 min)
no aroma hop addition

My question is... I have 1/2 oz of Fuggles left over from the Winter Warmer kit earlier this week. I was wondering if there was any way I can somehow incorporate those hops into this recipe. I understand that they don't necessarily have similar taste qualities, but I haven't experimented enough or know enough about hops to be able to tell if it would be any good in this recipe..

Thanks!

I recently used some left over fuggles into an american IPA and it was a dissapointment for me.

Fuggles could be used more in the bittering section 30 minutes or prior in the boil. I wouldn't use them in the flavor section they will change the flavor in the wrong direction.

You can save them for a future brew as well. They will last for several months in the fridge.
Just my opinion

Back