MD/DC grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
atjsparty Breiss golden light DME 1
atjsparty Best Malz Pils 0.5
atjsparty CMC Wheat 0.5
sheldon Thomas Fawcets MO 0.5
sheldon CMC 2-row 1
sheldon MFB pils 1

did i miss something?

No, for some reason I thought I was splitting a bag with Sheldon, but doublechecked and clearly I'm not.

I'll try to find some time to make it up there, all the half bags will be a PITA for Sheldon to deal with, and I'll still need to find a time to breakaway to get down to Woodbridge to pick-up. Just easier for me to cut away from work for a long lunch on a Friday/Monday when you're home. I'll be in touch.

Fnord and sweetcell, not sure when you guys are picking up, but it'll probably be before me (Monday is my earliest day, depending on if Stefin is home).

I think I can pickup this Sat. Can you PM directions? I'll bring cash ... And samples.

Fnord and sweetcell, not sure when you guys are picking up, but it'll probably be before me (Monday is my earliest day, depending on if Stefin is home).
it will be friday or saturday for me. i will be bringing buckets, so i'll take my half of the pils and leave your half in the bag.

sheldon, do you know when you'll be picking up your half of the MO? whoever makes it there first needs to bring a bucket.

I plan to get there either friday afternoon or sat morning, depending on weather. I will bring a bucket in case I am first.

Sheldon

I plan to come help unload on Friday afternoon, weather permitting. Stephen, could you PM me the address again please?
Anyone that wants to pick up in the Frederick area, be sure you've paid and I'll pick up for you.

Stefin,
I'll see you Sat, mid to late morning. In addition to my grain pick up, I'd dig dibs on Belgain clear candi sugar :)
Cheers and many alohas!
J

Seems like I just missed out on this round, I'd like to get in on the next buy though.

I'd be after a whole bag of MO and straight 2-row, just about to move from Towson to Ellicott City area.

to anyone planning to head over tomorrow... I have a DRs appointment and will be leaving at 345. so be there well before that :)

just got the confirmation from the shipper... between 9 and 1. its usually 930.....

anyone who wants to help... lets shoot for 1!

Anyone picking up grain and heading to the greater Baltimore area? If you've got some extra space I'd be grateful if you could tote my two sacks north for me....

just went to rebuild kegs.... had only 2 tube sized O rings..... anyone live near a home brew store? (3 stars doesnt have them....)

just went to rebuild kegs.... had only 2 tube sized O rings..... anyone live near a home brew store? (3 stars doesnt have them....)

I've got an extra O-ring set that I can bring with me, if you want it.

I'll shoot for 1:00 tomorrow, then and give you a hand for a bit. Doesn't look like there should be too much snow yet at that point.

I've got an extra O-ring set that I can bring with me, if you want it.

I'll shoot for 1:00 tomorrow, then and give you a hand for a bit. Doesn't look like there should be too much snow yet at that point.

thanks! Ive been too lazy to clean kegs... so not kegging beers. needed to catch up :)

in all i need about 10 sets, but even one is a step in the right direction :)

thanks! Ive been too lazy to clean kegs... so not kegging beers. needed to catch up :)

in all i need about 10 sets, but even one is a step in the right direction :)

I spoke too soon. I have an extra incomplete set - coincidentally missing one of the two tube rings. I can still bring it, if you like. It'll still have one tube ring, two post rings, and a lid ring, but I don't know how much that'll help you.

I have a bag of O-rings if you want some. Your talking about the dip tube O-rings, right?

Right now I am planning on coming by around 1-2 tomorrow, depending on work...

Tony

I have an extra pair of double-seal o-rings you can have for the dip and gas tubes. They're Buna-N, I only use silicone for my gas post o-ring. I'll bring them on Saturday.

Keep us posted today...with the snow coming I would like to get over, help, and get going before it gets too bad. I have some beers and o-rings for you. Also, I will be picking up sweetcell's grains for him.

weather report says it will start at 2 and snow till 9. so a 1 pm unload should be fine (since it wont snow till 4)were only supposed to get an inch... less than yesterday (which is all melted)

stonebrewer, thanks for picking up my two half sacs (uh, that sounded awkward).

claphamsa, stonebrewer has a few of my brews that he'll be bringing over but i owe you more. i have them set aside with your name on them.

palate is here... there was an accident. his palate jack broke and we had to unload it manually.... one of the bags of 2row has a hole, and lost maybe 3 lbs of grain. so.... someone is getting a lightbag. I would take it, but i dont use 2 row.

thatbeing said, its spread on my lawn, so head over whenever. no need to dig to get bags :)

Hello, I am new to homebrewing and would like to get in on one of these group buys.
I want a bags of:
CM‐SPIL
CM‐2ROW
also, 5S‐STAR*‐*32 ounce
I'm in Frederick and would greatly appreciate it if anyone from around here with room in their car wouldn't mind bringing back these two bags with them. If not, I'm sure I could find a ride, but it would be a lot more convenient this way.

S

Thanks again for coordinating this round. Hope you enjoy the samples Brendan and I brought. Really appreciate the free workout today. Don't have to go to gym today and can go right chilling and having a cold one or two or three.

Sheldon

To be more specific on my earlier post, I'd be interested in getting a full bag of Baird's Maris Otter (BD-MOPA) and a bag of Briess 2-row (BM-5298)

I'd also be interested to split a bag of Munich (any variety) if someone else wanted half a bag.

Will they sell hops as well or is it just malts?

To be more specific on my earlier post, I'd be interested in getting a full bag of Baird's Maris Otter (BD-MOPA) and a bag of Briess 2-row (BM-5298)

I'd also be interested to split a bag of Munich (any variety) if someone else wanted half a bag.

They do hops, but pretty sure it is 11 Lbs minimum per variety.

i have a bag of Bairds Munich that i would gladly split with you

Sounds good to me. I probably can't realistically collect for at least three weeks as we're about to move, would you be willing to hold some for me?

Id also be interested in 10lb of Munich if you had it to sell.

we wont even be ordered in 3 weeks... 2 buys in January have worn me out! if it does fill soon, well probably go for 2 pallets.

If its going to be awhile for the next order put me down for:

1 x CM-SPIL

Depending on length I may add more.

Sorry to change the subject, but is anyone buying hop rhizomes this year, or have you grown in the past in the local area? If so, what has worked best for you? If you use MDHB, you need to get orders in by 2/25. I'm trying to figure out what 3 hops to try.

cascade is the heartiest of all varieties it seems, it'll grow anywhere. columbus is pretty hearty too.

last year i planted crown for: cascade, newport, centennial, nugget, santiam and sterling. they all grew well but it was their first year so they were mostly setting up shop. i have high expectations for all of them this year.

check out the spreadsheet linked in my signature. i would avoid any species with a tag of "does not grow well in heat". i would also avoid the english and german varieties.

Latest posts

Back