What kegwrator to buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geim32

Reaction score
I'm looking at a kenmore with new lines, new tap tower, dual pressure gauge, and full co2 tank.
Or a danby 4.4 cu ft standard kegerator not sure if it comes with the gauge or the co2 tank. Thanks. Kenmore is $200 and danby is $100.

image-320998381.jpg

Kenmore

image-2423847382.jpg

Danby

The Kenmore is a good deal. Not a crazy tell-your-friends steal, but a very good price for all it includes. Offer less, but buy at the advertised price if they're firm.

The tower on the Danby is clearly cheaper, but may be (ask the seller) a larger diameter which makes it better for upgrading. Unless it comes with all the business the Kenmore includes, I'd say it's on par pricewise, but you have to buy that much more extra stuff separately. If it comes with EVERYTHING, including a tank (full or not), definitely get the cheaper one. Offer $90 but buy at $100 if they're firm.

The Kenmore looks nice. Is that a wood top? You'll need a drip tray, but those aren't too expensive. I usually cover mine with a rag anyways. Remeber though, that with both those options, the tower will most likely not stay cold. This means you'll pour a lot of foam. There are ways to fix this involving a little computer fan and a plastic tube. I'm sure there are some examples in the DIY forum.

If you can spare the money, I'd recommend a Beverage Air. They're commercial grade and they'll last forever. I got mine because my grandpa has had his for over 40 years and it's still going strong!

Back