Pics Inside Westvleteren

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they not normally allow visitors or something?

It is impossible to get inside the abbey and visit the brewery. I had the luck that brother Michael invited me inside the abbey after i had made many visits to the beer pickup point and after several mailcontacts.

Straight from Flickr. :mug:

Yeah,thanx for sharing,that was cool to finally get to see! I had to chuckle,though,that even the monks have gone high tech...

From what I've heard about the monks that brew in Belgium and the Netherlands they are all very modern. Apparently the reason is that they can brew faster with a modern brewery (and they don't have to dump out nearly as many bad batches) which means they have more time left for their real tasks (the contemplation of their faith etc.).

Was het verder nog gezellig bij de patertjes? ;)

From what I've heard about the monks that brew in Belgium and the Netherlands they are all very modern. Apparently the reason is that they can brew faster with a modern brewery (and they don't have to dump out nearly as many bad batches) which means they have more time left for their real tasks (the contemplation of their faith etc.).

Was het verder nog gezellig bij de patertjes? ;)

Work smarter, Not harder :)

Back