Another quick question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Ok i am trying to order my stuff for my first All grain. I was going to do this kit. http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_43_246&products_id=1956
But i am worried about it having a rest or step. I want to do my first one with a simple single infusion. It seems that wheat beers have more complex mashing steps. If nothing else i would love to hear suggestions on an easy good beer from Austin homebrew that is good only beer I dont like is a German wheat anything else is good for me.. I need to get this ordered tonight so I can do this on Sunday.

Thanks again
Ryan

Try an IPA. The base malts tend to be simple and well modified. A single infusion will do just fine for that. Be sure to follow the hops schedule diligently, and don't forget to dry hop!

...wanna argue about bikes some more? :mug:

Yuri_Rage said:
Try an IPA. The base malts tend to be simple and well modified. A single infusion will do just fine for that. Be sure to follow the hops schedule diligently, and don't forget to dry hop!

...wanna argue about bikes some more? :mug:

Any particular kit or recipe you would suggest? Nah im done with that thread,(I hope).

Don't get bogged down by kits, IMHO. Click on my recipe database below my avatar, then click on the Hop Beatdown Double IPA. That recipe will flog you. It's partial mash, but if you omit the extract and up the 2-row to 13.5 lbs, it should be the same.

Back