whole house filter...replacement cartridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twst1up

Reaction score
got a whole house filter for christmas and was wondering what kind/where to purchase the cartridge for removing chlorine? Do they sell activated charcoal filters for these? Is a carbon filter the same thing? What do you guys use? Got this so i don't have to brew with bottled water anymore. Am i all set with this and some campden tabs?

I get mine from Lowes. WalMart even has a 5 Micron charcoal.

I "think" the cartridges are pretty much universal. Lest you have a strange system.

pretty sure it depends on what kind of filter you bought. RO? RO/DI? is there a pre-filter that uses carbon??

all the RO units I looked at took specific filters, mostly based on their GPD output.

I buy all my filters online. http://www.freshwatersystems.com/ or waterfilters.net

Filtrex makes a high end carbon filter that I use for pre filtering on RO system. Lowes or HD have filters but you don't get the selection and I can't get any of mine at those stores.

k thanks. So i figured the carbon was the same thing, but i like to be sure.
And, no this isn't a RO filter

Back