BS 2.0 est mash eff%

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayos

Reaction score
How can I change this? Ti comes up with numbers and they are pretty far off. I know I get about 80% - how can I tell it to calc for that?

That helps.......but I think it very strange that someone could adjust their grain crush and have the same eff% per BS.

That helps.......but I think it very strange that someone could adjust their grain crush and have the same eff% per BS.

BS doesn't know anything about your crush. If you adjust your crush, you would make an adjustment to your Brewhouse Efficiency (also called Total Eff) and that will in turn adjust your mash efficiency.

Good system/Bad system - it's a debate. But both systems work if done correctly.

Would be nice to be able to set it, but remember mash efficiency changes with gravity.

All you have to do is make the adjustment to Total Eff and it will ripple down into the Mash Eff. If you don't change any other variables (such as tun deadspace) then a change to Total Eff will only change Mash Eff.

Latest posts

Back