SMaSH Q

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absolut_Ninja

Reaction score
Curious to see what others think;

BIAB Pils with Saaz. It will be following an Allagash clone using Wyeast 3944. I am debating on wether or not to drop it on that yeast cake, or just pitch some Notty or Muntons. No chance for lagering either.

Not sure if the Witbier yeast would impart too much.

Im not familiar with that strain, but the way it sound on wyeasts website your recipe isnt ideal. The pils and Saaz combo is a wonderful one that i have used and it goes well with wyeast 2565 kolsh yeast. I bet using the Notty would taste pretty good too.

Im not familiar with that strain, but the way it sound on wyeasts website your recipe isnt ideal. The pils and Saaz combo is a wonderful one that i have used and it goes well with wyeast 2565 kolsh yeast. I bet using the Notty would taste pretty good too.

Thanks BB. I was thinking experiment time, but I suppose for my first SMaSH I should probably KISS.

Yep, he whole point of a SMASH is to get to know the grain type and hops you are using. You will love the combo. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Back