Imperial Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsnthelou

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got my Imperial Blonde in my primary and it's doing well but I started thinking that Im not sure what an Imperial Blonde is... I just saw the label that showed a big, Bold, Higher ABV blonde and thought, hey that sounds like me, it's got to be good right? (yes, I'm a dork, please forgive)
Ok not the best logic but can anyone point me to an example of a commercial craft Imperial Blonde so I can see how it's 'supposed' to taste??

Many thanks from a dumb blonde :)

Interesting idea to brew an Imperial Blonde, post some more details on it.

According to the guidelines a blonde ale is
1.035-1.054 SG
3-6 SRM
15.0-28.0 IBU

The strongest beers in that SRM range are Belgian Ales such as Belgian Blonde 1.062-1.075 or
Belgian Golden Strong 1.070 - 1.095

edb said:
Interesting idea to brew an Imperial Blonde, post some more details on it.

According to the guidelines a blonde ale is
1.035-1.054 SG
3-6 SRM
15.0-28.0 IBU

The strongest beers in that SRM range are Belgian Ales such as Belgian Blonde 1.062-1.075 or
Belgian Golden Strong 1.070 - 1.095

This is a brewers best kit with ABV of 7-8% and FG of 1.015-1.018 IBU 26-30

I made this kit as my first. Who can turn down a Big Blonde, right?? The closest I've found locally is from Rush River Brewing. www.rushriverbeer.com They have an Imperial India Pale Ale .. my blonde tasted pretty close to this. Hope this helps!! Cheers!

Back