What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Imperial Brown Ale is in it's final days of carbonating... Giving away some bottles for the Holidays.

So I'm drinking, Coquito (Puerto Rican Egg Nog) at my work's party.

*Mix one can each, Condensed Milk, Evaporated Milk, and Coco Lopez.
*Add a dash of kosher salt, a dash of pure vanilla extract, and anywhere from 2-8 egg yolks (optional).
*Add dark rum to taste. Garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg.
*Taste. If it's too sweet, then stir in some water or extra evaporated milk.

Enjoying a pipe and this on the beautiful day. Got off work early now time to relax

ForumRunner_20121221_143506.png

I had a Goose Island IPA. back at home now and having water until tonight. me & mama get a night without out the boys tonight. going out to eat back to the house for drinks.

Avery Salvation. Kind of ho hum. Not bad, but not great. I think it was a bit stale. Peppery, but I like a bit more fruit character. It's a beer you can get ripped stoopid on since it's smooth for a 9% beer. Zero hot alcohol, zero solventy, just smooth hoppy carmel.

Unfortunately, once you've had Duvel, you're f-ked when it comes to belgian strong ales. Nothing else will compare.

Had a SN Celebration too. Damn, what happened. Hardly hoppy aroma at all. Just bitter. Kind of sucks.

image-3037957144.jpg
Found this today covered in dust hidden on a top shelf at the beer store. The funny thing is I frequent the establishment and have never seen any. This brew certainly is epic. Very smooth. Not much bite from the cinnamon, which I was afraid would be overpowering. Fantastic. Wish there had been more.

RauelDuke said:
Found this today covered in dust hidden on a top shelf at the beer store. The funny thing is I frequent the establishment and have never seen any. This brew certainly is epic. Very smooth. Not much bite from the cinnamon, which I was afraid would be overpowering. Fantastic. Wish there had been more.

I drank one on 12-12-12 that i had in the fridge for about a year. I really enjoyed it. I agree, the cinnamon was more subdued than expected. I liked the pepper flavor you get up front and it all melded well together. I wish I had bought a few more.

My GNR Ipa: Galena,Nelson,Rakau- getting mostly floral/citrus-From what I remember-this kind of reminds me of sculpin-more than anything. Im uhhhh, pretty shure thats a good thing too. Probably not as good as that too.

Really wish I could have found a Enjoy By from Stone by now-no luck.

1221021900.jpg

Back