What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scuppernong wine thats been ageing for
1yr in carboy. Bottled it saturday it is GOOD if I do say so myself.

Stone's Smoked Porter. Not their best brew, but definitely tasty.

I just got another one of those after not having one for a while but it was dated 9/14/11 or something guess ill see how it ages on the shelf. I thought it was one of there better ones back then,maybe you have an aged one? Ive tried their pale ipa and others,and after purchaseing them after aging i was thinking they wernt as good as when i first tried them which makes sense i guess with levitation,pale ale,ipa,. Im a big fan of the oaked arrogant bastard though.How is the double bastard?:mug:

I just got another one of those after not having one for a while but it was dated 9/14/11 or something guess ill see how it ages on the shelf. I thought it was one of there better ones back then,maybe you have an aged one? Ive tried their pale ipa and others,and after purchaseing them after aging i was thinking they wernt as good as when i first tried them which makes sense i guess with levitation,pale ale,ipa,. Im a big fan of the oaked arrogant bastard though.How is the double bastard?:mug:

I love Double Bastard. My favorite Stone brew. I haven't tried Levitation, but it makes sense the others wouldn't age too well. I'd expect a smoked porter to age pretty well. My only qualm with this brew is the smokiness- doesn't meld well with the other malt flavors and lingers a little harshly on the finish. Other than that, it's damn good. This one's dated best by 2/4/12.

I had a year old double bastard, and thought it was great. I think you should age any of stone's beers, and expect great things. They are all wonderful!

Berkshire Brewing Company's Cabin Fever Ale. Its not my favorite from them but it does warm you up on a cold night

Cantillon Geueze, Young's Double Chocolate Stout mixed with Chapeau Framboise(yummm!!!), Schlenkerla Weisse Rauchbier(blech!), Michaelsbreu.

SMaSH Briess Undermodified Pils and Spalt Select fermented with 2308. Absolutely glorious, and a close analog to Prima Pils (but fresher than I can get it and with better head)!

Homebrewed Organic Colonial Cream Ale. I boiled 10 lbs of corn stalks and then boiled down to 1.5 gals and used it as the sparge water for an Organic Cream Ale that I was mashing at the same time as the corn stalks were boiling. Turned out amazing!

copyright1997 said:
My fastest keg to kick (homebrew), mostly by myself, was when I brewed a Victory Hop Devil clone. It is just so hard to resist having another.

Then you should try Hoptical Illusion. To me it was hands down better than HopDevil.

Last night, tapping party at Renegade Brewing here in Denber; the Elevation Triple IPA which used gobs of summit hops and rolled in at 11.2% ABV. Huge grape and grapefruit and yes, a very interesting onion finish. The fruit was so strong it actually tasted sweet instead of bitter that the >100 IBUs calculated out of the recipe would imply.

Then you should try Hoptical Illusion. To me it was hands down better than HopDevil.

Blue Point is regional to Long Island isn't it? Still haven't visited..shame on me. That's a good beer. (As is their toasted lager if you like amber)

but what am I drinking? Left Hand did a 'tap takeover' at a local bar yesterday. So I tried their pepper porter (fade to black #3) and sawtooth wheat/400lb monkey/milk stout/ESB.

I enjoyed the Fade to Black. nice peppery flavor.

Chatoe Rogue Good Chit Pilsner. They named it correctly! This is good chit!!! And I'm not usually a pilsner guy.

Rogue "brutal ipa" I like it.

From bottle:
8 ingredients: Carawheat, C15 & Rogue Barley Farm Dare™ & Risk™ malts; Crystal & Rogue Hopyard Revolution hops: free range coastal water & PacMan Yeast

New Holland Dragons Milk-kinda ok its like licorice schnapps boozy. Havent been impressed that much with their ipa's either.

Because it has been cold as heck outside for days and this warms me up!

image-3997280143.jpg

Back