Outta homebrew!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simzy

Reaction score
I have about 8 beers left from my nut brown ale, and my current brew is still about a month and a half away from being ready:( . Till then I'm attempting to stretch out my remaining homebrew by drinking the left over bud-light and michelob ultra a buddy left over.

I'm not attempting to start another bud tastes like piss thread, only trying to express how I enjoy homebrew much more.

I also learned a valuable lesson....brew more:D !!!

I'm new to homebrewing, having only two brews, 1 yesterday and 1 today... However I already love it. With a ***tty electric stove i have to basically have the wort completely covered to get a boil and maintain, it's still fun and love the process. Watching the fermentation is awesome and the smell's not half bad...
I got into it because i was tired of worthless beer, bud, coors, michelob, the list goes on.

What my plan is, is to brew as much as I can without going over the amount of space I have. Once I'm overstocked on beer, I'll stop till they're about half gone and re-brew. Around my household the 10 gallons i already have are going to be gone before my third is ready lol...

I hope you can hold out for the next batch of ready beers.

I'm down to my last case. I have an altbier in the secondary, which really should stay there for quite awhile. I have my "half dead guy ale" still fermenting in the primary, and that's it. Looks like it could be awhile before either of those is ready. I think I'll have to drink bourbon for awhile (wish it were legal to make your own at home :drunk:).

simzy said:
I also learned a valuable lesson....brew more:D !!!

That can bite you in the arse the other way too . . . I've got 12 cases of beer and cant brew anymore until I get rid of some of this stuff.

mmditter said:
I'm down to my last case. I have an altbier in the secondary, which really should stay there for quite awhile. I have my "half dead guy ale" still fermenting in the primary, and that's it. Looks like it could be awhile before either of those is ready. I think I'll have to drink bourbon for awhile (wish it were legal to make your own at home :drunk:).

/SMACK
swing by the house and come pick some up if ya want. I'll trade ya case for case homebrew for bottles . . . Bottels are $1.20 a case at discount liquer 58th and Okalhoma)

It took a while to build up a buffer, but now I brew when a keg kicks. If I get the urge :ban: , I take a keg to a club meeting. Dragging an empty home after a homebrewers meeting is a good feeling.

Oye. I've got a "backlog" of probably 14 cases of 12oz homebrews and about 7 cases of various large format bottles. If I ever started to run low on homebrew, I dunno what I'd do. I mean, I'm seriously worried about the day I run out of Imperial Stout and Winter Warmer. And SWMBO has already told me that I have to brew her more IPA and hefe so we stay stocked through the summer. Twist my arm...

Pumbaa said:
That can bite you in the arse the other way too . . . I've got 12 cases of beer and cant brew anymore until I get rid of some of this stuff.
/SMACK swing by the house and come pick some up if ya want. I'll trade ya case for case homebrew for bottles . . . Bottels are $1.20 a case at discount liquer 58th and Okalhoma)
I have over 12 cases full, plus a bunch of 5 liter kegs, and still have over 15 empty cases.

Anyone want to swing by for about 2-3 cases of (green Spaten) empty 12 oz? :D

I'm warning ya up front though, you have to drink some while you're here!:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

homebrewer_99 said:
I have over 12 cases full, plus a bunch of 5 liter kegs, and still have over 15 empty cases.

Anyone want to swing by for about 2-3 cases of (green Spaten) empty 12 oz? :D

I'm warning ya up front though, you have to drink some while you're here!

Real slick, big man...trying to pawn off your greenies on some poor unsuspecting newbie who doesn't know any better. :p

Plus...who the hell lives in Illinois?

Latest posts

Back