Dry-Hemping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer is good

Reaction score
MOD EDIT: Multiple threads merged.

Just wondering, have you heard of it?

I actually have an old copy of HighTimes with a recipe in it for weedbrew. Since it called for ove an Ounce of premo bud it was awee bit to costly for this poor boy.

Soak it in water to pull out the tanins, dump it in the secondary where the alcohol can work on the oils/resins. Just theory mind you.

I figured you would just use weed instead of hops. They are closely related :)

Are there any effects of weedbrew other than the effects of homebrew?

I've tried applying flame directly to it, and inhaling the smoke.
I find this method the most effective, if anyone has / are bored enough, just send the extra to me.

thanks

buy a bottle of absolute vodka... put the weed in there. it will leach out all the tch. you could pour that into the brew, but why waste good brew. just drink the green vodka. :ban:

you can't get what you want by soaking it in water, because what you want is essentially not soluable in water.

soak it in grain alcohol (a perfect solvent for it) for 2 days and add the liquid to the bucket at bottling time. i did this in my wilder college days a few times.

The reason to add it at bottling time to avoid having an expensive batch that goes bad. You don't add it until the end of the process when you know the beer is good.

-walker

PS: I am a hacker that is using Walker-san's account.

I picked it up in some counseling I was doing with some poor sinner who had lost their way and needed some help finding their way back to the path of goodness and light.

wow, cool link.
That changes my mind a bit, not unlike T1 saying to steep it in Vodka, the Brewers used a high alcohol barley wine to extract the THC...

cool

I've had hemp seed beer. It sucked. Very bitter, and not a good hoppy kind of bitter. More like a "I just drank the bong water" bitter. Uck.

hemp is good for some things, THC is good for other things.

alemonkey said:
I've had hemp seed beer. It sucked. Very bitter, and not a good hoppy kind of bitter. More like a "I just drank the bong water" bitter. Uck.

Bong water? people actually drink that?

Mmmmm... bong water beer. Now that is something I can definitely pass on.

I guess if you want to keep it legal, you're stuck with hemp. If you want it to be good, you'd better go to a more "friendly" part of the world.

That's it, I'm reporting all of you to the ATF!

.....unless you stop bogarting the brew, man :D

I think if you boiled the weed it would get lots 'o thc in your beer because I know some old folks who like to make weed soup

THC is not water soluable. You must infuse it into High Gran spirits or use it in the distillation process of the spirits itself....COUGH... not that Id know or anything..COUGH

klcramer said:
by chance have you ever tried this theroy?

Pffft, whatever, man...

Narc-itty Narc-Narc.

(j/k dude, jah loves you and your Bud-weiser... heh. Best weed-beer name ever.)

Beer is good said:
I think if you boiled the weed it would get lots 'o thc in your beer because I know some old folks who like to make weed soup

They're likely eating the actual weed in the Soup.

A friend of mine, yeah... that's it, a friend of mine takes the seeds out of his stash and grows them behind his house. Across town...the state...he lives on the west coast, yeah, that's it. I'm told, by my friend who doesn't live near me, that once the buds come in (don't forget to get rid of the male plants) (that's what I hear anyway) he dries them and soaks them in grain alcohol and mixes that with juice for a great party drink. It's awesome...so I'm told.

I made some last summer very buzzy one pint and don't try thinking to much here's what I did.Pot Head Porter: just you what ever porter recipe you like.

Get An ounce of said Herb soak in water for 24 hrs discard water and repeat removes a lot of the green compounds and other funky tasting stuff. Melt some butter add said herb and cook for 30 minutes remove from heat and cool remove the remaining foliage and retain the butter for adding to the boil just before flame out. I use a grain bag and squeezed out as much of the liquid out as I could

The butter gives the beer a creamy head with a whiter foam than most porters have at least it did mine maybe it was the oils for the pot I don't really know.Makes some funkey looking globs on top of the beer during fermation don't worry it will be fine mine was great.I'm going to do a batch again very soon all my friends love it.And be sure and tell people what there drinking you don't want someone to lose their job over this kinda thing.:mug:

In the past I have made this by preparing the 2 major components separately, and mixing them in my bloodstream.

Did I say me? I meant someone other than me.

Sorry to break the news butn the chemicals in ganja have to be heated to a temp of at least 160 degrees to cause the chemical reaction .

Yes to eat marijuana, you must heat it to activate the cannabanoids.

But if you soak it in alcohol and drink it it does not need to be heated.....wonder why????

When I lived in Switzerland a few years ago (where the police look the other way to homegrown cannabis), a native Swiss, home brewing friend of mine would periodically make some "weed beer" substituting his home grown cannabis for hops. His hopped beers were better. But interestingly, his beer was naturally low in THC even though he added it during the boil. The low THC comes from the fact that weed grown in the northern latitudes doesn't yield high levels of THC from the reduced sunlight (hence the police's attitude). With following generations, the plants produce even less. So his "weed beer" had only the taste of cannabis without the THC high. And more importantly since he is a high level employee at a chemical company, he too doesn't have to worry about the ever present surprise request to "pee in the cup please".

dougjones31 said:

negative

You can just pop a couple buds in your mouth and chew away. Or so Ive heard.......

dougjones31 said:

But if you soak it in alcohol and drink it it does not need to be heated.....wonder why????

No need to heat. Your saliva & stomach acid take care of removing the non soluble THC and making it available to your blood/brain barrier. Or, so I've heard.

johnoswald said:
So his "weed beer" had only the taste of cannabis without the THC high.

All the taste of weed with none of the effects?

Hope he isn't trying to sell it - lol

How would you go about using alcohol to remove the thc, but usuing the beer's alcohol, not vodka. How could you get the pot to the beer, at a time when there was actual alcohol in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back