AHA Rally at Sweetwater July 28th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysteryshrimp

Reaction score
After a short search, I can't find any mention of this on the forums. I guess it's up to me.

The AHA is having it's first membership rally in GA this Sunday, July 28th from 1-4. If you've considered joining, they are offering a discounted rate at the rally, there is some sort of prize drawing, there will be beer, and you can schmooze with professional and amateur brewers for a few hours.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/event-list/show?title=aha-rally-sweetwater-brewing-company-

You may know the answer to this question. I'm going to this thing and bringing my wife. Can she get in for free under my membership or does she have to join too?

I have conflicting information. On the RSVP page they tell you to "list all attendees, including non-members, guests, spouses and designated drivers", but my super-secret volunteer email says that each person entering the rally must be a member or designated driver, designated drivers don't need to be members, and a second membership in a household is $19.

There is an email listed on https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/rallies if you want to know for sure.

Aw man, I would totally be there, but I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Don't think I'll feel like drinking by Sunday, but who knows!

Maybe they'll start doing these more often and I'll go to the next one?

mysteryshrimp said:
I have conflicting information. On the RSVP page they tell you to "list all attendees, including non-members, guests, spouses and designated drivers", but my super-secret volunteer email says that each person entering the rally must be a member or designated driver, designated drivers don't need to be members, and a second membership in a household is $19.

There is an email listed on https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/rallies if you want to know for sure.

I don't mind paying $19 bucks for my wife I guess... We'll have our 7 week old son with us, hopefully they won't charge us for that.

Aw man, I would totally be there, but I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Don't think I'll feel like drinking by Sunday, but who knows!

Maybe they'll start doing these more often and I'll go to the next one?

Just because you're there doesn't mean you have to drink. I think that they are allowing access way beyond the usual point-and-talk tours, there will be actual brewers there, and anyone who's anyone in the homebrew community will be there and talking about brewing.

Turned out great. I had not seen sweetwaters most recent upgrades. The facility was very impressive as was the new beer tasting room.

Back