We Just Won't Shut Up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
As being the newest member of the 1000+ post club I did my own survey of this site. There are now 23 members over 1000 posts including:
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Snob
Brewsmith
Chariman Cheyco
Cheesefood
cweston
Darth Konvel
David_42
Dennys Fine Consumptables
DeRoux's Broux
desertBrew
Dude
El Pistolero
God Emperor Billybrew
homebrewer 99
Janx
Kaiser
orfy
Rhoobarb
RichBrewer
SwAMi75
the bird
Walker-san

and three very close
Brewpastor
Sir Sudster
Truble

These 26 members are 0.46% of the total 5633 members of the site but:

Their 50,404 total posts are 38.4% off the total 131,243 posts

Thing is, I've only been around five or six months. I don't think our profiles show the posts-per-day average anymore, it's just as well because lately I think it's been close to 25. Which, when considering the depth of my knowledge of homebrewing, is pretty frickin' ridiculous (I need to learn to shut the hell up).

So what's your point? Just kidding...

I admit sometimes I go overboard with my smarta$$ comments for comedy relief purposes, then again, sometimes I've been drinking and...DOH!!!;)

Then some of the information I provide is fair, good, questionable, unwanted, unrequested, undesired, un, un, un, but never unsatisfactory...(I hope).:D

Can't you tell I'm an introvert??

Certainly being retired & spending much of my time working on my computer contributes to my level of comments. I currently have something running on my local system and another job on my server in LA, so I'm free to blab. If it ever cools off outside, I won't be here so much.

I have discovered that the 80/20 rule holds to the fourth order:

20% of the people do 80% of everything
4% 64%
0.8% 51%
0.16% 40% <= these are the people I'm marketing to.

Damn I need to get posting. Between work, remodeling & restoring my CJ I've been really busy.

I could always cheat .... Hmmmmmmmm ... Naaa I would never do that ...

TxBrew said:
Damn I need to get posting. Between work, remodeling & restoring my CJ I've been really busy.

I could always cheat .... Hmmmmmmmm ... Naaa I would never do that ...

Administrator

LOLOL.....

:rockin:

Ize

Given the size of the batches of beer the good pastor cooks up, I firmly believe that each of his posts should count as five posts.

-walker

Walker-san said:
Given the size of the batches of beer the good pastor cooks up, I firmly believe that each of his posts should count as five posts.

-walker

WooHoo!! Congrats on 4705 then Pastor! (Or is it 4710 now :confused: )

EDIT for poor math skills.

Then again if you mutliply his posts by his 20 gal system.... :D

Ize

(and my lowly 600-something)

Ize said:
WooHoo!! Congrats on 4701 then Pastor! (Or is it 4706 now :confused: )

Well since we're multiplying by 5, I'm betting his post count can't possibly be a number that ends in a 1 or a 6. :)

homebrewer_99 said:
Reading the pastor's past posts I'd swear he was stuttering...or doing a piss poor imitation of CPT Kirk...;)

I would think that would be highly illogical Dr. McCoy. ;)

Ize

LOL! This post is :off: but, I discovered thru random drunkeness last Saturday night that my local NBC affiliate is showing the original series late night saturday nights... I was a happy man.... :rockin:

Now... how many posts is the Pastor up to now? :D

Ize

I'm proud to be a member of such an exclusive and well respected club!

:p

I didn't even realize that I had went over 1000 posts. I think I've been around for about a year. Sure has been a lot of good advice, encouragement and information through this board.

Seems like about half of the names have been around forever and a few have come in kind of recently.

And yeah, whatever happened to El P? Does anyone know him IRL?

There's a few MIA's... Dude mentioned Orfy in another thread, I never posted at the same time as he, but I did with Darth Konvel and he is missing as well. Budbo I know was moving and probably has been busy, but the last I think we all knew of ElP, he was working in Mexico.... Hoping he's not rotting in some Mexican jail somewhere.... :confused:

Blighty Brewer pops in occasionally, But like Orfy, I never had a chance to trade posts with DeRoux either....

EDIT for an attempt at clarity

Ize

Yeah Budbo retired from the navy, moved to the DC area and is starting a new job. He hasnt been busy on the other forum we frequent either.

How is it that I always miss the fun because I actually have to do some work? I need a better job.

Yeah, there are quite a few old regulars that I haven't seen in a while:
El P
Deroux (weren't they both mods??)
Janx (another missing mod)
Orfy (for that matter, there used to several active Limeys - anyone ever watch Orfy's live brew cam? I did, it was cool)
Jacktheknife (he's probably in jail)

Feel free to add to the list.

I took the summer off, as work and school were sucking up my time.

Orfy's cam was great. I was thinking of setting one up my garage for my next brew, just need to get my webserver back up at home. Haven't powered it up since I moved.........2.5 years ago. Mainly used it to house UT2003 matches with friends. I too just realized that I was close to 1k-never really looked.

Wasn't Deroux going through a divorce? Not sure about the others.

Back