love controller help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandelay

Reaction score
I can't get this figured out for the life of me so I'm asking for help. Hoping someone has a trouble shooting idea.

Short story, I have a LOVE Tss2-2100 controller with two temperature probes that I want to control two cooling areas. probe one is controlling the freezer compressor no problem. I now added a AC cabinet fan to blow air into the other side of the side by side with a probe to cool that side independently (by blowing cold freezer air over)

I have it all set at

Mode ON OFF2 (On2)
Output 1 works as in independent ON/OFF control (Figure 1 and 2),
but output 2 works as follows:
Relay 2 with c2=dir.
Temperature of probe 2 >= SP2+r2 -->relay 2 ON
Temperature of probe 2 <= SP2 -->relay 2 OFF

SP1: 42
SP2: 42 (or whatever i want)
ro: ind
r1: 2
r2: 2
r8 - on2
c0: 0 for now
c1- dir
c2 - dir
P5 - 2

I can't think of anything to change on the love.

ive tried splicing power off the fridge and by using a power cord and the fan will turn on fine if i don't connect the love. I switch it by running hot wire to 10 and then running switched wire from 11 back to other end of hot on AC fan. The other fan wire goes to neutral (either fridge neutral or other side of plug in)

What am I missing? I've also tried switching probes to see if one was defective and the second one works perfectly.

115V AC fan. 115VAC love

Will the AC fan work if you have it hooked up to relay 1 of the love controller? What is the amp pull of the fan you are using. The relay 2 has lower amp draw on the love than relay 1. I have a love controller but have never used the 2nd relay.

I haven't tried switching to relay one yet. That was next on my list of things to try.

AC fan specs
Rated Voltage: 115 V
Input Power: 11 W
Connection: Terminal
Frequency: 60 Hz
Rated Current: 0.12 A

Looking online it looks like relay 1 is 16 amps and relay 2 is 8 amps, but with the AC fan I'm still way under.

I'll fiddle around with it some more tonight. Anyone else have any other ideas I can try? Common mistakes?

This would be easier if I was completely overwhelmed but I'm just off on one little thing and can't figure it out.

Alright, I'm not getting much response so I'm just going to keep posting.

Tried switching fan over to 1 after work and that did the trick getting the fan to turn on off. I even switched around temperature probes and both are still working fine. However, now the compressor won't turn on, just like the fan didn't when run from 2. The only thing I can think is I'm missing on key setting on the LOVE. I looked it over and everything seemed right. Even had P5 set to 2

switched it all back. fan that was working on relay 1 is not working on 2 now again. Checked between hot and switch hot with volt meter and I get nothing (this is when it should be switched on).

I think I have a faulty LOVE switch 2.

Everything here looks right to me..

sp1: 42
sp2: 42
ro: ind
r1: 2
r2:2

r3: 1
r4: -99.9
r5: -99.9
r6: -99.9
r7: 99.9
r8: on2
A0: 0.1
A1: 99.9
A2: 99.9
A3: 99.9
A4: 99.9
A5: 18
A6: AHL
A7:AHL
c0: 0
c1: dir
c2: dir

c3: oPn
c4: oPn
P0: oF
P1: 0
P1: 0
P2: 0
P3: yes
P4: sd1
P5: 2
HO: 0
H2: dir-------? don't really understand these but don't think they are important
H3: dir-------? don't really understand these but don't think they are important
H4: 0
H5: 0

Everything looks like you got it set right. If you got the Love from Dwyer I would gives them a call maybe they can help you trouble shoot or just ask for and exchange.

H2 & H3 either turns the led indicator to on when relay is on or you can have it inverse so its on when relay is off. This won't effect how the relay actually works.

Thanks. I appreciate the help. I've come to the same conclusion as well. I just sent dwyer an email about this so hopefully I don't have to fight too hard for an exchange.

Thanks. I try to use that name on all the boards/forums I go to but it's usually taken. Got lucky here.

I just hope they will send me a new one before I have to return the faulty one. It works well enough now as a single stage controller to at least keep my kegerator functional. I can't go a week without it.

I talked to dwyer technical support and after a couple emails the guy thought that relay 2 is most likely broken. The light for out2 comes on the front at the correct temps but the switch does nothing. He couldn't help with the return fully but due to my concern about being without the partially functioning love (it still controls my compressor which is most important) for an extended period of time he suggested purchasing a new unit and sending the old one in for warranty. If it is indeed broken, they would credit my account.

I contacted customer service and asked about this and my concern of being without my controller. I suggested what the tech suggested and she said "well you'll have to pay for the new one". "Yeah I know, but what do I do if they find my controller is not broken, do I now have two controllers?" She couldn't answer. She was unfriendly and short with me.

I also asked if they cover shipping and she never said yes or no, just "you can request that on the Return authorization"

So, come on dwyer. Getting less and less impressed by the minute. You sold me a faulty controller and all I want to do is get a new one asap, with as minimal disruption to my kegerator as possible and without incurring shipping charges. Shouldn't it be easier to return to the company that makes the equipment? If I bought this at any big box home store, I'd be walking out of there with a new controller with no questions asked.

I guess I'll try email since that at least got me somewhere in the first place.

Latest posts

Back