Epic Ramen™

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Are you a cheap bastard with expensive taste? Are you sick of dull, boring ramen and canned soup? Is your hot pocket habit causing you to leave blood stains in your underwear?

Well, then, try DeathBrewer's Epic Ramen™!

1. Buy the Shrimp Ramen and stick the noodles in a saucepan.

2. Add frozen, cooked shrimp.

3. Add frozen mixed vegetables (or fresh.)

4. Add frozen onions (or fresh.)

5. Add cold water over everything until the noodles float a bit.

6. Set to high and let it come to a boil while flipping the noodles around a few times.

7. Remove from heat once the noodles have the consistency you want.

8. Mix in ramen spices, stir and pour into a big bowl.

9. Add Sriracha hot sauce to preference. (I usually add about 8 or so drops across the top...it looks fancy!)

Fills you up, tastes great and is one of the cheapest meals available. Well, unless you add too much shrimp.

:D
:mug:

I have this book at home, there are a ton of good recipes in it, well worth looking into, and the price for the book is not crazy either, I got mine at Barnes and Noble on the discount/returned rack for 5 bucks!

2814-1.jpg

What other examples does it have in there?

mmb also mentioned this in another thread:

Used to use Chicken Flavored Ramen as a start for easy chicken noodle soup.

Toss chicken ramen, can of chicken breast (looks like a big tuna can) some chopped carrots and a bit of celery and cook until noodles are ready.

Little pepper and you're good to go.

Try adding miso paste and some hondashi, along with some 1/4" thick slices of daikon.

If you have chashu pork, well that just goes without saying.

My wife likes to add bean sprouts. I'm ambivalent about them.

Take it from the dorm room to the penthouse with only a few simple additions.
I think I swore to myself I'd never let it leave the dorm room. I just got sooooooo sick of it in college. Ramen noodles, baloney sammiches, and Stove Top stuffing, ad infinitum and add nauseum. Now they're almost like comfort food.

I'm ambivalent about bean sprouts but they're not ambivalent about me.:eek:

I like my Ramen rather dry. I boil it up, drain off half the water and add the seasoning to taste. I often eat this for breakfast at work.

Often I'll add tofu or beef. rarely do I add any vegetables. My wife however turns it into a vegetable stew of sorts.

The White Rooster sauce is for chumps.

You aren't a real man lest you've had a spoonful of the Sambal Olek after confusing it for Salsa.

I put sriracha on everything... steak, eggs, soup, coffee, chinese take out, mexican food, pasta, I think its the ultimate condiment, and possibly is the food world's duct tape, it can fix almost anything, but Ramen is a close second, if not a tie between them

I have a jar of that, added a heaping tablespoon to a cup o noodles, WOW thats hot!

Sambal Olek is a staple at my house. You think that is hot, imagine it after having it reduced. Holy bless. wife does that all the time.

It's really good on Ramen. And makes it like Pho' so hot your head sweats.

:off: could you pass along a recipe for Pho'? I used to get it at a local Vietnamese place, but it closed down shortly after the economy tanked.

Beef ramen, can of roast beef, and a half packet of the Uncle Bens 90 second rice (any kind works).

I call it "Bachelor Delight" and can never eat it all in one sitting.

Anybody else eat it dry for a crunchy snack?

One package and a big glass of water.....nice and filling.

jason

Never made it myself, but it sounds good. Our whole house goes out for Phở sometimes.

hit an asian market for some Pho seasoning cachets.

Can't find 'em? No worries, I have a stash in my pantry. I'll part with some for my Metalhead brother. :p

I make Pho all the time. SWMBO luv's it. even tho we have a killer place two blocks away.

I worked nights at a graphic design place in college, one night I got bored and wrote a ramen noodle cookbook. Had some fun stuff in it. My favorites:

Milky Way Ramen Flambee
Take two milky way bars and put on top of a raw brick of ramen. Put in microwave to melt. Add about a 3/4 to 1 cup of dark rum. Light on fire. Enjoy.

Ramlet
Make a ramen packet, take some finely chopped veggies and crack an egg in it. Toss it into a sandwich maker and let it cook until the egg is solid. You then have two solid egg-ramen triangle thingies you can eat on the go!

Made ramen last night. Have not had it in ages! Added chopped cabbage, because that is all we had for veggies. Nice snack. I'm going to have to try the shrimp thing soon though. That looks good!

Get the chicken flavored ramen. Creamy chicken was my favorite, but cant find it anymore. Cook the noodles as usual, drain most of the water and add a little milk. Stir in half the salt/flavor packet. Top with Sriracha or mumbo sauce (I actually prefer Frank's extra hot sauce) to taste. Mmm.

I was actually kind of bummed. I thought we had some grilled chicken leftovers to go into it, but they were et up.

I'll have to try this.. sirachi stuff you are all talking about.

I have this book at home, there are a ton of good recipes in it, well worth looking into, and the price for the book is not crazy either, I got mine at Barnes and Noble on the discount/returned rack for 5 bucks!

2814-1.jpg

Jesus! Who needs a book on how to cook with ramen noodles? THEY'RE NOODLES! Just cook them and throw **** on top of it!

Melt a slice of cheap American cheese over the top (a Korean street vendor's rather successful attempt at Americanizing his product).

"Cheesy Ramen"...don't knock it till you try it!

Melt a slice of cheap American cheese over the top (a Korean street vendor's rather successful attempt at Americanizing his product).

"Cheesy Ramen"...don't knock it till you try it!

That sounds so ****ing good right now...

Back