What's Brewing this Weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_beer

Reaction score
I will be brewing a honey wheat ale this weekend.

It is my birthday and I am stoked! I have dedicated all of Sunday to brewing, starting with upgrading to a larger cooler so that I can actually use a decent amount of grain for a partial mash. Then I will buy a turkey fryer to boil my almost-all-grain beer. Since I have a larger boil volume I will also require a immersion chiller. I get to drink beer, brew beer, and tinker with new toys!

I have only been brewing since March but I gotta say, I love this obsess... hobby!

My first dancing bannana: :ban:

Cheers!
PB

My first PM/mostly-AG batch, Papa Charlie's Good Life Pale Ale. There's a chance that I'll hear that my friend has a boatload of hops to be picked (haven't heard on their status yet), so there's a chance this will morph into a locally-flavored, wet-hopped pale ale.

paul_beer said:
I will be brewing a honey wheat ale this weekend.

It is my birthday and I am stoked! I have dedicated all of Sunday to brewing, starting with upgrading to a larger cooler so that I can actually use a decent amount of grain for a partial mash. Then I will buy a turkey fryer to boil my almost-all-grain beer. Since I have a larger boil volume I will also require a immersion chiller. I get to drink beer, brew beer, and tinker with new toys!

I have only been brewing since March but I gotta say, I love this obsess... hobby!

My first dancing bannana: :ban:

Cheers!
PB

Happy Birthday!

No more brewing for me until my kegs arrive and I get my current batches kegged up. Then I'm going to try my first All Grain.

Hopefully another IPA run. All depends on SWMBO. In any event, I will be racking my current batch to secondary, and bottling another batch. I got my keg cut out the other day, and I am going to make my MLT this weekend, so if I can get that all done, and I brew, it will be my first AG!!!

Yesterday was my weekend brew day, brewed a Mild, I'm experimenting with traditional British pub ales.

Got to leave work at noon because our main system is down. Went out for lunch and now I'm watching Mike Tyson's Greatest Hits on ESPN. If I can tear myself away from the carnage I will brew up my Hop Rod Rye clone.

Cheesefood said:
Happy Birthday!

No more brewing for me until my kegs arrive and I get my current batches kegged up. Then I'm going to try my first All Grain.

This honey wheat is also destined to be my first draft beer. How long do you guys normally condition a wheat ale? HB'ing has taught me (some) patience but I would really like to get my kegs up and running!

Cheers,
Paul

I'm going to brew a Rye IPA beer that is a recipe from Denny Conn. I have never tasted a rye beer but this has got some great reviews so I thought I would do something a bit different.

No brewing this weekend for me. Yesterday I bottled my Mirror Pond clone and my O'fest. Racked an IPA to secondary and dry-hopped it w/ 2oz of hops.

I will be attempting my second brew. I am staring at the ingredients for a New Castle Clone, as I type, and my mouth is watering...

Off to work so the weekend gets here faster.:mug:

I'm brewing my 1st non-kit. I'm popping my cherry with Cheese's Caramel Cream. Hopefully, it's something my wife will enjoy too. So far, she hasn't really liked anything I've done.

The Smack-pack is sitting on my kitchen counter ALL puffed up and ready for the starter!

I had wanted to brew another Czech Pilsner, but im thinking the weather will be getting to cold to enjoy such a light beer as it should be enjoyed (after mowing the yard in 100 degree weather).

I have heard nothing but rave revues of cheesfoods creame ale, but I'd also like to get an october fest done as well!!!!!

hmmmmm what to do?

Reverend

Nuthin. Gotta bottle my Bitter Buddy ESB and Crocktoberfest this weekend. I'll be busy each weekend this month. No brewing for me until Oct. 6th!

YES!

Just got off the phone with my hops-growing buddy, he'd pulled out most of the crop because they wreck havoc on their berrie bushes, but he's going to pick what they have, which is probably a couple of gallons worth (have no idea what that translates to in terms of weight).

FRESH HOPS! SCORE!

So, I'm picking them up first thing Sunday morning, and will be making a Savoy's Best Pale Ale. I'll just substitute out the Kent Goldings and Fuggles flavoring and aroma hops in the Good Life Pale Ale, I'll use the Fuggles for bittering as called for in the recipe.

Actually, would I be smarter to dry these and use them in my next brew?

Hell with it, I'm going for it. I know I can't accurately judge the AA%, but what's at least a reasonable assumption to convert from wet-weight to dry-weight? If I would usually use 1oz of dry hops, should I use 5oz of wet?

I'm stoked, baby!

I am just about out of the big score of organic fresh/whole Cascade that I got earlier this year. Time to get SWMBO to head back to the herb shop for a couple more lbs.

Brewed an all-Amarillo IPA today and I want to get a dry stout done and another wit bier before I start uni next week. It's going to be a busy weeks brewing.

1) Southern Brown Ale

2) Pumkin Ale

3) Black Butte Porter Clone

Maybe something else. I have 27 lbs of LME to use up. Maybe a "Leftover Special" where I use all the leftover grains, malt and Hops. That would surely be an Imperial Stout or Porter.

sunday, finally brewing my Scotch Ale which i had planned to brew Labor Day weekend. hitting up the LHBS saturday to pick up some supplies including a secondary fermenter (hey-oooooh!) and ingredients for a pumpkin ale to follow the Scotch Ale. I'm stoked!

dougjones31 said:
1) Southern Brown Ale

2) Pumkin Ale

3) Black Butte Porter Clone

Maybe something else. I have 27 lbs of LME to use up. Maybe a "Leftover Special" where I use all the leftover grains, malt and Hops. That would surely be an Imperial Stout or Porter.

Busy weekend! From where do you buy the bulk LME? I'm looking into buying in bulk now myself and it would be good to have input before I drop the cash.

I'm taking the plunge and making my Pumpkin Pie Cream Ale. I already had the ingredients for my brown ale and I am just adding some extra ingredients to make it the Pumpkin and the Cream.

I'll try to take some pictures!

:mug:

Grr, not nearly as many hops as I had been hoping for...

4050-IMG_5462.JPG

Plus, I'm not going to have a chance to brew this weekend. Replaced the side doot yesterday, and in the process realized that the little roof that overhangs really, REALLY needs some additional reinforcement. Going to have to build a little platform and install some posts, it'll have it match the front door better, but it's not something I was expecting to have to do.

So, I'll have to dry these bad boys for next weekend...

chillHayze said:
Busy weekend! From where do you buy the bulk LME? I'm looking into buying in bulk now myself and it would be good to have input before I drop the cash.

The trick is to shop a little. There are several web vendors that sell 33 lbs of Muntons Light LME for $49-$59. You just need to choose the one that is closest to you to save shipping costs.

[email protected] ----e-mail these guys. They sell it for $49 per 33 lbs

http://www.thegrape.net/browse.cfm/2,1138.html ------$59 here

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByCat.aspx?Cat=236 ---these guys sell Breiss extract pretty cheap

didn't end up getting a chance to brew, since I ended up cleaning out my gutters, and had an opportunity to golf yesterday. I did pick up a nice "plain jane" Igloo 48 QT cooler for $14.99 at Target. I will be building it out as an MLT this week.

Finally got around to brewing. I'm not sure the type of beer exactly. It's a bit of a hodgepodge and I'm interested to see what it'll taste like. Heating the strike water now. I'll be testing my MLT seen here (bottom of page)

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Impatient Ale
Brewer: Matt
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Wheat or Rye Beer
TYPE: Partial Mash
Taste: (35.0) American Malt, English Wheat malt, German and American hops. Fruity weiss yeast. Who knows?

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 3.55 gal
Estimated OG: 1.050 SG
Estimated Color: 5.3 SRM
Estimated IBU: 17.1 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
3 lbs Wheat Dry Extract (8.0 SRM) Dry Extract 36.4 %
5 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 60.6 %
4.0 oz Acid Malt (3.0 SRM) Grain 3.0 %
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [9.10%] (60 min) Hops 11.2 IBU
1.00 oz Hallertauer [4.80%] (15 min) Hops 5.9 IBU
1 Pkgs German Wheat (Wyeast Labs #3333) [Starter 12Yeast-Wheat

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body
Total Grain Weight: 5.25 lb
----------------------------
Name Description Step Temp Step Time
Mash In Add 6.56 qt of water at 165.7 F 150.0 F 75 min
Mash Out Add 4.20 qt of water at 202.6 F 168.0 F 10 min

Notes:
------
I got tired of waiting for backordered morebeer order so I'm using what I have while I have time off work!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back