The Official WHMBP Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck over there and thanks for defending our country. I'll have you a nice mixed 6-pack when you get back. I'll send you one of the Thomas Hardy clones I made, should be good and ready when you get back as it will be a little over a year old then.

I must say that this is a fantastic program.

One of the most valuable things I have learnd through all of this is just how good homebrew can be.

Everything I have received as a gift has been fantastic. I have had the opportunity to sample about 15 different types of beer, wine, and cider. something I would have probably never done myself.

I have also learned that there is great joy in seeing the UPS truck stop at my door with yet another surprise package of yeast samples.

I can't wait to get some of my own brews ready to share so I can be on the other side of WHMBP.

Cake.

Hey Cake, I still haven't forgot you buddy! I've actually got your 6er here at work with me....Between life and work sucking for a while and a lack of funds I haven't gotten your beer in the mail. But I will, I promise :D

SporkD2, I'll get you on the list shortly....

Awesome program guys, will be returning oct 2009, sent alamo a message. I was just thinking how its going to suck not having homebrew when I get back (except the 9-9-9 barleywine)

My heart goes out to the people that support the troups over there!

Watchin your brewcast, didn't realize you were leaving. Best wishes man. I'll be sure my pipeline is nice and full for next October so I can hook you up. :rockin:

I'm happy to help.

I spent last summer in Afghanistan and I really missed having a nice beer to cap the night off...

Here's some random stuff that the wife sent that made my life better

-DVDs. While sitting alert, there wasn't much to do...DVDs from home were great
-Jerky -It ships well and I could easily take it when I went outside the wire to snack on.
-Velveta and Ro Tell Salsa -What good American doesn't love nachos?

pm'd alamo a hile ago and never got around to making an appearance in the thread. Great idea though, and a round for all the participants in it. I've got just under 30 days left on my current deployment now and can't wait to get back...Just a few more days and i get to start placin some oders on some new gear to play with when i get home here too:rockin:

Hey Alamo, awesome idea! Put me on the list as well. I'd be honored to send some brew to our HBT Soldiers.

I have an idea:

If it's possible, could we get an address for them while they are deployed? We could always send them a care package on our own (or in collaboration) i.e. issue of BYO, beef jerky, moist towelettes, etc.

It'd be kind of cool.

What say you, Alamo?

Well.....if nobody else is up for it. I'll take over while he's away, providing I can get all of the needed info.

BTW....where the eff is Alamo?

Well I talked to Alamo yesterday. I'm the official babysitter while he's out. He's going to email me all the contact info. According to our current roster, he'll back way before Cheeto gets home.

Hey Talley, thanks for taking care of this for a while......I just sent you some emails and forwarded you a bunch of PMs.

Take it easy :mug:

Please forward all PMs to talleymonster who is taking over for Alamo Beer.
We'll let you know when Alamo gets back.

tally currently has the email addys and is taking the reins.

Bear with me everybody. I'll have the updated list posted tomorrow.
We have a few new members, both soldiers and volunteers. One of the soldiers will be home very shortly, so get your brew face on. More details tomorrow!

I'm on my way out the door to go and hang out with Brewsmith, he's in town for the week.

I think I'll take him to a brothel.:rockin:

Ok everybody. I've had time to sort through this list.
I have received PM's from a couple people who showed an interest in joining but have not yet confirmed. If you do not see your name on this list send me a PM.

VOLUNTEERS UPDATED 10-29-08

Alamo_Beer
BigKahuna
Cakehole
Desert Monkey
DubbelDach
EdWort
enderwig
(sweet username BTW)
findthefish
flyangler18
Hagen
Jonnio
olllllo
Pirate Ale
RICLARK
Warrior
Yooper
IrregularPulse
Rezilynt
Saccharomyces
mr_good wrench
okiebrewer
Cape brewing
(pending Massachusetts regulations)
petey
AnOldUR
GreenwoodRover

SOLDIERS

Cheeto1977
(still need your contact info)
Sporkd2 (still need your contact info)
petey
okiebrewer

I am going to send out a test email to everybody to make sure that I have everybody's correct address as I have been doing a lot of copying and pasting. Please reply to the email so I can know that I have it right.

If anybody else would like to be a part of this, send me a PM!:D

I'm having a hard time sending a massive email to everybody....it only let me send it to the first ten people....now it's giving me some spam BS that I cant get past. I'll send out the email by tomorrow, maybe from a different email address.....

Alright everyone, get some beer ready!

petey is coming home! He'll be here in a few weeks, but I don't have an exact date yet. He's been in Ramadi, Iraq for the better part of this year. I'm sure he's thirsty!

I'll post more when I get a more solid date from him. Just for now let's all get some brew ready.:mug:

Some of you may notice that I sent you an email from a different address. I had a different email address setup for beer only business. But because it is a new address, hotmail wouldn't let me do more than one mass email without verifying my email address. And then every time I tried to type in the CAPTCHA letters it would say I had the wrong thing typed in. I finally gave up and I'm just using my regular email for this.

So, I just sent out the email to all of the volunteers. If anybody did not get an email but feels that they should have, PM me and we'll get it straightened out. I am still awaiting verification from a couple people.

Well it looks like Petey will be home sooner than we expected. He is going to be home on Thursday, October 16th. That's like in three days!

Lets get some yeasties in the mail!

I'm emailing everybody his address right now.

Cakehole I need your email address.

Well, I am in kuwait now. One more series of flights out of here and this one is in the books. Glad to see that Talley has picked up the reigns on this one. Just wish i could have gotten out of here sooner and made the GABF.

Oh and for the address it is a base address, but all the mail runs through the regular postal service so shipping "live yeast samples" should be no issue.

Well i have since made it home. All the greenery around here has never looked so good. Good to be back, and getting back into the game just gotta go and pick up a co2 tank from the local beverage place and i'll be sending 2 brews i did before i left into kegs, a RIS and American Barleywine. I'm not sure i'll be able to take more than a glass or 2 of those at a time for a while but it'll still be good none the less.

Talley, just got your voicemails, still trying to figure out the new highspeed phone that SWMBO picked up for me to get back into the voicemail.

Petey, mine is scheduled to arrive the 28th via UPS. Las Vegas to North Carolina.

15 wonderful pounds of West Coast Libations.

tracking number if you like:

1Z6R925E0305723560

All boxed up and waiting to be shipped after work. After I packaged it all up I opened one of the porters I sent ya. I should have send ya 2-3 of those instead of the brown.

Back