top 5 rock band managers...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgravier

Reaction score
ok this might be beating a dead horse...but

1. peter grant (zeppelin)
2. the guy who discovered the beatles
3. the colonel (elvis baby!)
4. malcolm ???? (the sex pistols) ...(i know hes a slime ball but he is important)
5. phil spector (wall of sound) i know hes a producer but what the hey hes probably the most influencial person in doo-wop/early 'rock' history

Alembic said:
What was the band manager of Spinal Tap?
Anybody remember?

i cant remember either,was thinking of him too...and the lead singers girlfriend when she took over as manager...remember "in Doubly"..."you mean,in dolby" and remember when she wanted them all to wear face paint like kiss...

cgravier said:
... the guy who discovered the beatles

Brian Epstein
... malcolm ???? (the sex pistols)
McLaren
Alembic said:
... What was the band manager of Spinal Tap?
Anybody remember?
Ian Faith, then later, Derrick St. Hubbins' clueless girfriend Janine Pettibone. Janine responding to the sight of the marquee at an amusement park gig: "If I've told them once I've told them a thousand times... it should be 'Spinal Tap", then 'Puppet Show'!

Another two, dark, weird and reviled producers in their own right: Kim Fowley (Manager/Producer of The Runaways) and Terry Knight (Grand Funk Railroad).

The threads you guys come up with!
bowdown.gif

Beermaker said:
What about the plaster caster chick?:D

Actually, that was a whole group.....The Plaster Casters. Their "work" is in a museum, someplace. I haven't bothered to look it up.....

i think the plaster chick still goes on tour with her wares....

hers my groupie list.

1. yoko ono (i think shes cool, shes does alot for the art community)
2. nancy spungeon (what a loser)
3. courtny love (ive hated her since she shamelessly promoter her album the day her boyfriend died)
4. pamela deBarres (she wrote the book "im with the band", the only real groupie turned semi-celeb because of it) she was with jimmy page and others
5. john Mcenrow"you cannot be serious" hes married to patty smith and he was married to tatum oneil who was michael jacksons first girlfriend

notable mentions:
that chick from "MEET THE BARKERS" (her hubby is in the boy band blink 182)
david bowie/mick jagger (they are each others groupie)
gwen steffani (she dated her bass player, and married the singer from bush

What about Sweet Connie ? She is actually a real chick in Arkansas. Think she slept with most everybody. Incidentally, if Nancy Wilson of Heart is looking for a groupie, please add my name to the list !:ban: :ban: :ban:

Are you guys forgetting the ultimate band manager?!
Sleazy P. Martini - manager for GWAR.

What were you people thinking?

Back