laguintas - slightly odd shaped bottles? bloody question, quick response appreciated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLivermore

Reaction score
I tried bottling some off into lagunita's censored & lil sumpin bottles... they seem hard, the first one broke, now i am trailing blood from my foot around my place, the 2nd one capped.... weird and not very well....

Figured someone here would have experience w/ this, are these bottles not for reuse?

They use those crappy twist off looking bottles that are a PITA to re-cap. Good beers, crap bottles. They remind me of bud bottles.

I've reused plenty of Lagunitas bottles and never had a problem. I've even reused them multiple times. Never had one break, never had a problem with them not capping right. So I don't know what to tell you.

hmm. the 1st broke and 2nd i could pop the cap off w/ my thumb.

not sure how to proceed.

is pouring them into another bottle asking for a later explosion?

Tried a 3rd and it didn't work. Poured into other bottles & capped.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Now that I'm thinking about it, didn't Lagunitas open a second brewhouse? I don't know if it's up and running yet, or if they'd be using different bottles between the two. If the bottles are the same, maybe it's the caps you're using, or the capper?

I have a ton of Lagunitas bottles that I've used several times. They are a go to for me because of tasty beer with easy to remove labels and great bottles.

I have a ton of Lagunitas bottles that I've used several times. They are a go to for me because of tasty beer with easy to remove labels and great bottles.

Agree on all parts. I love reusing their bottles because the labels and adhesive just fall off in even a very weak cleaner solution. I'm also big on the shorter height (normal longnecks don't fit too well in certain parts of my beer minifridge)

I use a Red Baron wing capper and reuse lagunitas all the time. I'm actually drinking a little sumpin sumpin right now! You need a little extra pressure and make sure your bottle and capper are level before capping, but I've never had a problem reusing them.

Back