Denver/Front Range CMC Group Buy #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the group buy thread for the Denver/Front Range group buy #7 from Colorado Malting Company.

(Note this is a follow-on from this thread, to move the latest group buy details to its own thread.)

Pricing has been quoted as follows:

The price for all bulk malted barley is 89 cents per lb or $44.50 per 50 lb sack.
The price for all bulk malted wheat is 95 cents per lb or $47.50 per 50 lb sack.
Delivery truck with liftgate to Denver: $250

Delivery and payment logistics remain to be determined. Lead time for CMC is typically 2-3 weeks, so at some point we’ll need to set an order deadline and work out these details.

The Google Doc for tracking orders is available at the following link:

Sign-up Sheet for CMC Group Buy #7

The spreadsheet was initially populated based on interest expressed in recent posts to the last group buy thread, so your estimate may already be included on the spreadsheet. If you wish to participate in this buy, please add at least your username and grain totals in the appropriate columns (or update as needed). Assuming the buy is a go, we’ll add the other details prior to placing the order.

Note that CMC has offered a Belgian pale malt in the past, and there’s been some interest in seeing if CMC has any available this time around. We'll check into this, but in the meantime you can indicate that you’d like to add that to your order with a comment in “Other Notes” column in the spreadsheet.

Thanks for putting this together. I removed my name from the list because I needed grains a little sooner, so I got in on a different bulk purchase. But thanks for offering this.

Thanks for putting this together. I removed my name from the list because I needed grains a little sooner, so I got in on a different bulk purchase. But thanks for offering this.

Hey, i dont mean to hijack the thread, but Tarheel, tried PM you back.. mailbox is full

I changed my entry to 0.

I will be back in for 100 lbs if someone can bring it back to CO Springs. I don't ever go up to Denver.

It would appear so, since it doesn't appear to be moving forward I am going to have to cancel my order and go buy a sack from my LHBS.

Usually yeast bulk doesn't make a ton of sense because you don't really want 10 vials sitting in your fridge, and everyone wants different yeast so you don't really get to the level of bill necessary to save money.

I would be interested in a group buy for grains though as well. I'm in Boulder also, but I don't mind driving to Denver.

Got this over the weekend...

Hey Chris! Short notice, but...

Jason is going to Denver on Tuesday. He said if I, your humble Home Brewer Product Advocate,
could get a full pallet of orders for guys on the I-25 Corridor, that he would throw on the trailer and offer FREE shipping on 50# bags!!! I have 4 bags on the order so far...

Do you think you could round up some guys and give everyone involved a very Merry Christmas!?!

What are the varieties and prices? I'll take a bag of;
Castle pilsner
German Vienna
British Maris Otter

So that's 3 more bags to the order if the price is right.

So can we get some of those questions answered? I feel like that email indicated some urgency, but there doesn't really seem to be a rush in getting this done.

This wasn't really a group buy like others have been. Colorado Malting Company (CMC) offered to deliver bags of grain for no shipping charge to Denver if enough orders were placed. A new Group Buy thread was started by 05willys here:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/denver-i25-cmc-group-buy-free-shipping-374478/

Each person ordered individually, directly through the CMC website (coloradomaltingcompany.com/) and the grain was delivered on Tuesday. It was CMC grain only and is already over.

If not can we leave it open until there is enough for an order? As I am only looking for 50 lbs 2-row I am willing to go in at anytime.

Is there a current group buy going on? I'm looking to get #100 or so if theres more interest out there.

Latest posts

Back