Favorite overall Craft/Micro?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewt00l

Reaction score
I have seen this thread on a few other forums and haven't seen it here lately that I can recall...and of course, it is largely dependent on what you can get locally...anywho

What's your favorite overall craft/micro brewery? Not just that one hit wonder...you know, that brewery that you can grab basically any bottle with their label and get something that you are going to enjoy. For me these days:

Numero uno:

Bells

Honorable mentions:
Oskar Blues
Anderson Valley
Weyerbacher
North Coast
SN

The Pike Brewing Company, Seattle WA (Kilt Lifter Rocks)
Rogue (anything)

I would have to say... here in PA...

Miller lig....oops

Troegs!

and in wisconsin

New Glourus(spelling)

Rogue is right in there but is hard to find!

Favorite Local is Kettlehouse.
Favorite Regional is Deschutes.
Favorite that I can find just about anywhere is Sierra Nevada.

Big Sky Brewing. Slow Elk is used to be my favorite till they quit making it. Good thing I have a great clone recipe. Boundary Bay is excellent as well.

Stone. Ruination and 10th Anniversary are the best IPAs I've ever had, and Smoker Porter's the best porter. I've never been disappointed in any of their brews.

I am a big fan of Bell's, Founders, Rogue, Avery and many others. But in my opinion Jolly Pumkin wins hands down. I have loved every beer I have had from them.

New Glarus, Boundry Bay and Deschutes I don't recall seeing in my area...I will have to keep an eye out. Alesmith & Bear Republic are a couple others that I have been interested in for some time given the rep.

My favorite is Victory in Downington PA, their IPA called Hopdevil is the best, but all of their beers are excellent.

I will go with Alesmith for this. Jolly Pumpkin, Deschutes, Cantillon, Russian River, Ballast Point, Pizza Port, Rochefort, and I am sure a few more are up there.

so many good beers....
I like the Elysian Brewery (walking distance!) but....I just went to Portland for a week ( you can't throw a rock in Portland without hitting an excellent brewery)..I don't think I have a favorite overall. Damn it, this is a hard thread. Overall? I'll get back to you.

I'll narrow it down a bit, but could never pick just one:

Ballast Point - favorite overall every day beer is the Calico Amber
Stone - Lots of fun beers. Arrogant Bastard is a classic in my mind
Anderson Valley - All very high quality
Sierra Nevada - So much more than the Pale Ale. Seasonals/Specialties are always top notch.
Bear Republic - Hop Rod and Racer 5 are two of the best.

wow, blast from the past....

Well, Bells still ranks up there as a solid brewery w/ consistent quality across the line.

Good suggestions on some of there others too!

Back