chest freezer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
What is the minimum size I should get if I want to fit 6 kegs, my co2 and enough room to fit a few cases of beer or a 6.5gallon carboy? How many cubic feet should I shoot for?

Here's a 10 cu. ft. Amana

LagerFreezer2.jpg

LagerFreezer1.jpg

4569-FreezerFermenter.jpg

Here's a 19.9 cu. ft. Frigidaire.

KeezerAlmostFull.jpg

EdWort... that is so beautiful!!!.... ok, the 10 cu ft isn't going to be big enough but the 19 looks like it's a bit on the big side.somewhere in between is my guess. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

That chest freezer was waaaaaay too much for me just starting out. Keep your eye to Craigslist and your paper classifieds and you might score!

Liquidicem said:
What temp do you keep your freezer at? Do you keep a separate fridge for lagering?

For ales, I set my temp at 68 degrees and tape the sensor to the bucket. After 10 days to two weeks, I'll crank er down to 39 degrees to chill the beer before kegging for a few days.

I have not lagered in it yet as I don't have the patience to tie up the freezer when I can crank a batch through it every two weeks. For me, that means brewing twice a month if I'm lucky.

Back