Pic says it all. [Updated: Favre is a Spermhat]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
scaled_jpg.php

Yeah, that was the joke. :rolleyes:

:D

Without seeing the name on the back of the jersey, I wouldn't be able to tell Brett Favre on sight. Hell, I just had to look up how to spell his last name. LOL If you don't live in the frozen part of the country, he's not as important as the Sportscenter guys like to make him.

I like it though. heheh

You know what it is? Favre cannot STAND all the attention that Michael Vick and Tom Brady are getting this preseason. It was absolutely inevitable from the moment that Vick signed with the Eagles that Favre would find some way to push himself back into the spotlight.

I cannot express how badly I want Favre to fail this year. Really, JUST GO AWAY! I'm pretty sure that about 75% of the NFL fan base is ready to have a restraining order issued against him.

Associated Press moved an "URGENT" alert when Favre arrived in Minnesota today. Man, the news business is really slow if that deserves an urgent tag.

Childress picked Favre up at the airport. I suppose you'll do anything when facing the prospect of Duante Culpepper as your starting QB.

Anyone know whether NFL fans can collectively petition for a court to issue a restaining order against Favre? Who's actually happy to see him come back?

I guess if you're name is not Tom then you new englanders don't care ... at least you get the baseball stuff right. ;)
After seeing that Sage Rosenfels is battling Tavaris Jackson, I think the Vikes might be happier with Culpepper. Quite a murderer's row they have there.

(In my defense, I'm not a huge NFL fan.)

I've been a packers fan for my entire life... Even have a cousin who played for the packers... Mark Chmura #89... Met Brett Favre and his wife and his father before he died.... He is a stand up guy, and he genuinely loves to play football.

Do I feel betrayed that he is playing with the kings of all evil and my personal most hated team??? A little bit... However, It will not stop me for routing for Brett (Only Brett) when he is playing... But when the Pack and the Vikings play against eachother, I'll have to of course sit back and love my team...

To say that Brett Favre sucks or to say that he should go away is something that is for history decide. He doesnt do this crap for the $$, he loves the game. He surely doesnt do it for the glory either, why play for the Jets or the Vikings in either case then??

Detroit fans, of course you hate Favre, because you want him and need someone like him... You guys just suck... not the fan's the team...

We'll have to wait and see what happens next, but its sure to be an interesting year.

After seeing that Sage Rosenfels is battling Tavaris Jackson, I think the Vikes might be happier with Culpepper. Quite a murderer's row they have there.

That's the thing. Vikings currently have potentially the worst starting QBs in the league. BUT, with Adrian Peterson and a potentially-dominant D, they really OUGHT to have been looking for the classic "game-manager" type, someone who keeps the chains moving and doesn't make a lot of stupid plays.

Can't think of a QB in the league who makes MORE dumb plays than Burt Farve. It's going to be awesome watching them lose a game they should have won because of a dumb fourth-quarter pick. It'll be more awesome the second time, then the third time, then in the playoffs.

Minny should be looking to pound the ball with Peterson, keep the games short and trust in their defense. Grip-it-and-rip-it is the WRONG kind of QB play for this team.

That's the thing. Vikings currently have potentially the worst starting QBs in the league. BUT, with Adrian Peterson and a potentially-dominant D, they really OUGHT to have been looking for the classic "game-manager" type, someone who keeps the chains moving and doesn't make a lot of stupid plays.

Can't think of a QB in the league who makes MORE dumb plays than Burt Farve. It's going to be awesome watching them lose a game they should have won because of a dumb fourth-quarter pick. It'll be more awesome the second time, then the third time, then in the playoffs.

Minny should be looking to pound the ball with Peterson, keep the games short and trust in their defense. Grip-it-and-rip-it is the WRONG kind of QB play for this team.
Good points. I don't see what the Vikings get out of this other than the not-so-good publicity of grabbing a retread who can be a retard with his play. With Peterson, all you need is somebody who won't trip over his feet while turning around (well, that and a good offensive line, which the Vikings have). If you're a QB in the NFL and can't complete a third-down pass, well, time to look for new employment.

Favre is not going to be happy, thus he'll take stupid chances and audible his rear end off to make himself look good.

yeah i really wished that the vikings had a better pick.
i would love to see the proper match for AD
maybe next year they can get sam bradford ;)
t1_peterson.jpg

Bird, I'd sign that petition.

All that false sense of glee surrounding me at the office will come crashing down by mid-season. I predict his losing ways playing in domes continues.

If it wasn't for Desmond Howard, Favre would have been out of the NFL five years ago. Favre has ridden that one damn SB victory for what, thirteen years now? He hasn't been that good of a QB since, especially in the postseason. Desmond was the difference-maker in that game, if he's not in there and one or two other breaks fall the Patriots' way, Favre would be long retired and remembered for what he truly is; a guy with a million-dollar arm and a fifteen-cent brain.

If it wasn't for Desmond Howard, Favre would have been out of the NFL five years ago. Favre has ridden that one damn SB victory for what, thirteen years now?

Still carrying that loss for what, thirteen years now?

Back