Assistance needed with SS braided water line.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I need some assistance with how to make a wort strainer out of braided SS water line.
I'm trying to make a mash/Lauter tun for the mini mash system in this post:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8805
I've seen other people use this water line before but I need some advice.
How do you cut the line and how is the rubber lining removed?
Also, how is the whole thing connected to the spigot that drains into the kettle?

Any assistance, advice, or better yet photos is greatly appreciated. :mug:

Rich :If the Plastic Insert is still in the Ss braid It cuts easily with a hacksaw. OIf you hachsaw off the fittings the Plastic pipe will slid out. Once the plastic pipe is out, if you want to cut the braid I used a large pair of Scissors. I may have ruined the scissors.
If you go to the All grain threads and scroll down to the April 16 Thread "Mashtun Manifold: Copper vs Pvc" Page 3 & 4 has a detailed writeup & pictures for SS braided manifolds.

davidkrau said:
Rich :If the Plastic Insert is still in the Ss braid It cuts easily with a hacksaw. OIf you hachsaw off the fittings the Plastic pipe will slid out. Once the plastic pipe is out, if you want to cut the braid I used a large pair of Scissors. I may have ruined the scissors.
If you go to the All grain threads and scroll down to the April 16 Thread "Mashtun Manifold: Copper vs Pvc" Page 3 & 4 has a detailed writeup & pictures for SS braided manifolds.
Thanks for the info!
I found that you need to push the braid off the tubing as opposed to pulling it. The braid acts like finger cuffs. The more you pull on it the tighter it gets. Once I got the braid partially off, I pushed on it and it slid right off. :mug:

Back