CO2 refills in Winnipeg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theinstallguy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been looking to find a place to either rent or refill CO2 tanks. I haven't purchased one yet as I am doing all the research first. Is anyone kegging in Winnipeg and has a place they use on a regular basis?

Air Liquide and Praxair are the two major canadian companies, both do cylinder exchange, though air liquide supposedly does fills too.

Apparently (?) fire extinguisher service places can fill bottles too, though you should ask if it's new or recovered co2 (recovered meaning from industrial sources, perhaps not suitable for beverage use)

I use abc fire and safety on Marion, 25$ roughly for a fill and you gotta leave it. They also offer a exchange program, but I don't know how much.

$5 a pound for a 5 pound tank seems about the going rate in Wpg, really too much though...

I just priced out CO2 in Wpg. never filled one there. I have 2 places in Bdn. that fill while I wait for $5 per lb. Now I have a buddy who owns a hotel and "lends" me a 20 pounder...

Linde gas is probably the best. $4 lb. and they do it wile you wait.
Just give them a heads up that you are coming.

Latest posts

Back