Bourbon barrel stout waiting, fast brew during the wait?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctayl9jq

Reaction score
Hey all, I have my first brew under my belt, bourbon barrel stout, I have read on here the longer you let this one sit the better. With that anyone have any good quick brew recipes to get me trying something I have made? I am thinking about doing a second batch with a quick boil to glass time. I bottle (no keg) so I assume that takes a bit longer. I really like almost all types of beer (who doesn't) so I will try almost anything. Extracts only please

Any 4 week beer I have bought from northern brewer has been close to done at that 4 week mark. Now I will also say that the longer you let beer sit, the better it becomes. My Rye Ale was tasty at 4 weeks, but no carbonation. 5 weeks was better and 6 weeks was great!

+1 to hefes being pretty quick. See also cream ales and blondes. How long has your other beer been fermenting? If you're over the 6 week mark and you need fermenter space, just bottle your beer and let it age in the bottles.

I have two fermenters so I am good with space. The first brew is only 3 days in just getting anxious... Any good hefe recipes on here or just go with a kit?

Back