Mmmm...Miller... (Seriously)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I just put down the most delicious Miller ever. Honestly. No, really - Miller makes some really good beer.

This one is a Chocolate Wheat, released under the Frederick Miller label and sold in a 4-pack. It's chocolatey and sweet with a good hops balance. If you see it, give it a shot.

Interesting...I've seen some of their specialty stuff, but I've been skeptical. I'll have to give it a try.

I imagine that a lot of brewmasters for top breweries probably do a bit of homebrewing as well, and have probably come up with some outstanding beers. It's good to see that every now and then they're allowed to release their favorites.

I wonder if they will be any more successful than they were in the late '90s?

I'm not a fan of Wheats, but I do like chocolate ales & CF has fairly high :drunk: standards.

I'll have to second the recommendation, I was quite surprised. After I smelled the beer after pouring into my glass I was expecting a cold glass of syrupy hot chocolate, it really hits you with the chocolate aroma.

The taste pleasantly surprised me, a taste of chocolate (like Hershey's not the malt) at first that quickly was backed up with a enough hop bitterness/flavor and a little bit roastyness that lasted slightly into the aftertaste. The only thing I would have liked more about the beer would have been a thicker, more creamy mouthfeel (it was fizzy and rather thin) and the bottle I drank had a very slight metallic taste it seemed at times.

I've got the 4 pack and will enjoy the remaining 3, for sure something different, and done surprisingly well from a BMC!

Hmmm, can't find it around here, apparently they only released it in a few midwest cities...

Back