Wild Yeast Double Wit Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericd

Reaction score
How does this look guys??? It's for a 2 gal batch. I was thinking of using lemon peel to offset the catty flavor the brett from my wild yeast culture imparts. Do you think that will work? How do the amounts of corriander, orange and lemon look? Can I just use the rinds of regular oranges or do I have to get the kind from a brew shop? Your opinions?

2 Gallon Batch:

BrewVint Yeast Fuel!!!

0.75 kg Briess Light DME
1 kg Briess Extra Light DME

B Saaz (7% AA)
60 mins: 3g
45 mins: 3g
30 mins: 6g
15 mins: 11g

0.6 oz corriander
0.4 oz orange peel
0.2 oz lemon peel

Cultured Wild Yeast

Well I guess I'll have to just go ahead and start this one. I'll tell you all how it turns out.

Yeah, true enough. It's really all I have on hand though. The last version I made tasted really similar to a wit though. Is it really just a belgian golden ale now?

Hmmm, well it looks like it's only been 20 days, but the yeast is starting to settle out of solution and the SG is only just over 1.02 ! I think the OG was around 1.089. I'll be happy to get it under 1.02. Thats all I want but it's probably going to take awhile...

Thanks, but I thought around 75% was average and 80%+ was good? I'll check it next week, but the DME taste will need to go away before I bottle it. So glad I moved onto all-grain.

Latest posts

Back