Brewferm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thackers

Reaction score
This may be me being naive I have had a few I was just wondering what people thought of the kits ? I have a triple maturing if its good all is well. 3 months does seem along time to wait ? A month all is well with most beers I've made ? I'm waiting 3 months as on here that's the general view is ir worth tbs wait. A f has a beyond any experience code with the rare tarbeeg ongr

Appagysit would not load proper is the wheat beer one good? Brewing as we speak if not is it worth going to whole grain ? If it Is please give mr a good recipe and if possible in the uk a cheep way of mashing equipment etc I am considering it as cans are becoming boring as the cans are becoming boring I want to make my own exceptional beer anyway the film
Just became good again happy home brewing to alll any reply is much appreciated xx

Have a few more, sleep it off, and repost your question tomorrow in a manner that can be understood by those of us who have not had a few yet. Haha!

Cheers! :mug:

Apolagise for spelling would not show on the iPhone text is very annoying x

Basically I want to no if the kits are worth the time they demand sorry for being drunk there's just too many beers to be sampled haha I use the research as getting bottles :) basically I want to no if they taste the same due tithe different varieties and if so Is going whole grain worth it ? I have lots of hbs locally if I can do it cheap enough as I am a student I'd it worth it and what's z cheap way of doing it x

I've see. Videos of greatly carbonated and great looking beer but I want to no about the taste! I've been to Belgium recently the beers where very impressive I was super fresh within no time! It was an amazing place I don't expect that if its reasonably ok I'm sure il enjoy it there is a lot of variables within brewing but I just want to no what people turned out with and basically if I don't like it?? What is the best way to go to the none kit way but looking at it the equipment is very expensive for a student anyway ? Ami worth sticking with can kits or being ballsey and going alll grain , just like to mention here I've made some great drinks for like 40 p a pint haha but I don't want just good pints I want exceptional beverages. ! Sorry for the punctuation haha

How long do u you mature. For most beers and also how long do you keep the beers for? I made some triples in December i was planning on saving some for crimbo 1 year olds etc realistically is there any sell by date on any alcoholic beverage as it contains both sugar and alcohol both preservatives ??

You can do it fairly cheap and the price of an all grain brew is about half that of the canned kits in the UK, assuming you have enough money to buy the grains in bulk - as in a full 25KG sack of grain that's about £25, plus the other speciality grains and of course hops. I did a 4% mild that was about £7 for 19L or so - it was certainly better than any extract kit I've done in the past

I'd recommend looking on the UK beer forums like Jims and there's another couple for second hand equipment and also go to car boot sales to look for boilers/coolers for mash tuns etc. Or freecycle might be good too

I got my cooler for free from a friend as the handle had broken and my boiler for £15 from a car boot sale. Then had to add an element to it from a tesco kettle and so on.

Work out how much you can afford to spend on equipment to see if you can make it work, or if I were you try and rope in a couple of mates to third the cost - if you do this though, make sure you get big enough equipment to make the split beer worthwhile!

As for the Brewferm kit, I've only done one and it was great - the oud bruin. Some beers last better than others, usually the darker and stronger they are the longer they will last. A bitter needs to be drunk young

That is very useful information thankyou very much I will look into this more. In your opinion would you say that whole grain makes an improvement in the beverages you make?

tripels are big beers with high alcohol. most big beers do in fact require time to age out, for the hot alcohols to calm down, etc. you can try a tripel when it's fresh but expect harsh flavors. if you want to drink a beer faster than that, try something a little smaller (aka a regular beer: pale ale, IPA, oatmeal stout, etc. avoid anything with the words "Imperial" in it).

That is very useful information thankyou very much I will look into this more. In your opinion would you say that whole grain makes an improvement in the beverages you make?

Yes and it also means you can make any beer you want, you aren't limited by the kits.

That's not to say you can't make perfectly decent pints from the likes of Woodfordes or Coopers or Brewferm extract kits. They also have the advantage of only taking an hour at most to make up (compared to 5 or 6 hours for an all grain mash and brew) and there's less chance of any cock ups too.

But if you have the time and can afford the basics then I'd certainly recommend all grain

Back