So im in the process of building my rig...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 3 burners i would get one of these and a needle valve for each burner. You would be able to adjust each burner individually with the needle valves.

For 3 burners i would get one of these and a needle valve for each burner. You would be able to adjust each burner individually with the needle valves.

This is great news. I asked for this for X-Mas, have already received it, and wanted to double check! Again, the Chugger pumps-anyone know anything??

I have been using a Chuggar pump for over 2 years and it works great at temps below 170F. Supposedly that issue has been fixed on the current pumps. There are several Chuggar vs. March threads here to help make a decision. I am happy with mine and it has yet to ruin a brew day. Hope that helps.

I have a chugger pump, it's a recent addition to my brewery and rated at a max temp of 250F. They must have increased the temp rating since FireBrew bought his a few years ago. I don't have a lot of time on it yet but the times I've used it worked well. It also comes with a SS head unlike the polysulpfone head on March pumps. If I buy another pump it will be a Chugger.

You can also get a chugger pump with a polysulpfone head as well for around $100. If your not afraid of plastic threads you could save your self even more compared to there stainless head.

I have the same burners for the rig I'm building. How far from the pot are you going to mount the burner?

I have the same burners for the rig I'm building. How far from the pot are you going to mount the burner?

I'm thinking around 9.5" possibly? Not sure exactly though what do you think? I will post more pics on this thread as the build progresses!

My chugger just arrived and my BG12 burners are on order. I am so excited to finish my stand and start using it already. Are you plumbing your stand for propane?

Yes I'm using propane....I want to pipe it to the burners with copper. I think it will look cool with the stainless steel stand.

Back